Bikers are everywhere. There were three under my bed this morning when I woke up just hanging out down there, and one was drinking coffee on my couch. Six of them were sleeping it off in my front yard. I even found one in my shoe.
This weekend, you’ve basically got two choices.
One, you can put on your biker boots and chaps, load up your leather fanny pack, get on your hawg and head down to Dickson St./ Track center / The AMP and kick it with the guys in leather. Or two, you could not do that. Those are your choices.
Here are your best bets for option one.
The music starts at 12:00 on the main stage at the Walton Arts Center with Steve, Gene and Ron. Steve, Gene and Ron are currently in need of a better name for their band, if you have any suggestions.
The rest of the Bikes, Blues & BBQ music schedule is posted here. Highlights include the Kory Montgomery Band on the Main Stage (WAC Parking Lot) at 3:30, The Ben Miller Band at the Tyson Track Center at 6:45, and Big Uns and Full House again on the Main Stage starting at 8:45.
The BBQ People’s Choice Competition is going down tonight at 6pm at the Track Center. Five bucks will get you a sampling of some of the best BBQ the event has to offer. Better get there early, though. Last year they ran out.
I’d be interested to see how the bikers receive one of our favorite local bands, Cletus Got Shot at Smoke and Barrel tonight.
Tomorrow, beginning at 7am there’s a Builder Breakfast at the Clarion Inn. Only 50 people will get to have breakfast with some famous bike builders.
The big bike parade begins at 4pm on Saturday. Find a spot on Razorback Road and you should be cool.
Tunes-wise tomorrow, I’d check out The Rox at Smilin’ Jack’s.
Bikes, Blues & BBQ comes to an end tomorrow night on the main stage with the Miss Bikes, Blues & BBQ pageant at 10pm, followed by the Nace Brothers/ARKMO Jam to end the night.
On Sunday, the bikers will be gone. You could go to The Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks at 1:30pm for Cooking in the Garden if you want.
The full list, as far as we know, is below. Feel free to add to it in the comments. What are you guys doing this weekend?
- Friday, September 25
- Bordino’s: 8 Ft. Jump
- Ella’s: Timothy Paul
- The Perk: Open mic night
- Teatro Scarpino: DJ Adam Richardson
- AMP: Marshall Tucker Band, Oreo Experience
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Fiction
- George’s: Darren Ray, Gary & John, Nace Brothers, Michael Burks, Earl & Them
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cletus Got Shot
- On The Rocks: The Crumbs
- Jammin’ Java: Tiffany Christopher 4:30pm
- Gullett’s Gourmet: Sarah Hughes
- US Pizza Co: Pope County Bootleggers
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Shannon Wurst
- Walton Arts Center: Steve, Gene and Ron, Robert Hatfield, Kory Montgomery, Leah & The Mojo Doctors, Earl & Them, Big Uns, Full House (parking lot)
- Walton Arts Center: Mo Brothers, Pope County Bootleggers, DJ Soulfree, Meagan White (Beer Garden)
- Randal Tyson Track Center: Gary & John, Lil Hoojin, Big Bad Bubba, Ben Miller, Robert Hatfield
- Saturday, September 26
- Jammin’ Java: East of Zion
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Jag
- George’s: Darren Ray, Gary & John, Steve Pryor, Ben Miller Band
- Gypsy on College: Hunkr Down
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Crazy Neighbor, Guta
- 21st Amendment: Keith Nicholson
- On The Rocks: Pope County Bootleggers
- Smiling Jack’s: The ROX
- Walton Arts Center: Gary & John, Big Bad Bubba, TJ Scarlett, Lafuso, Joe Giles, Oreo Blue, Nace Bros. (parking lot)
- Walton Arts Center: DJ Soulfree, Nathan Aronowitz, Justin Hamby, Meagan White (Beer Garden)
- Randal Tyson Track Center: Mo Bros, Joe Giles, Another Fine Mess, Kory Montgomery, Eoff Bros
- Sunday, September 27
- Smiling Jack’s: Effron White
- Common Grounds: Tiffany Christopher, Alina Clark
- Fez Hookah Lounge: Jovan Arellano
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: The Crumbs
- Pesto Cafe: Shannon Wurst
- Jose’s: Isayah Warford, Kory Montgomery
- George’s: Cletus Got Shot
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Cooking in the Garden 1:30pm