To help build anticipation for Fayetteville’s Mardi Gras parade and celebration next weekend, The 101 Runners, a New Orleans Indian funk band, are performing at George’s Majestic Lounge tonight and leading the group is Mardi Gras Indian Big Chief Monk Boudreaux.
The $10 admission (ticket link) includes a costume competition for a 101 Runners gift assortment, as well as an opportunity to dance onstage with Mardi Gras Indians.
From the press release:
Through the universal language of music, the Runners, self-described as a “heavy percussive Indian funk band,” link past with present by combining hypnotic sounds, mesmerizing costumes and centuries-old traditional lore with hip-shaking seductive undertones and electrified New Orleans funk grooves.
Full list below:
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Big Chief Monk Boudreaux / Lord T & Eloise
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Cathead Biscuit
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Double Tough feat. Shortfuze & Bizar
- Walton Arts Center: Beakman on the Brain
- Dickson Theater: Drag Queen of Hearts Bingo & Dream Date Auction
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Sundown Town
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Darren Ray
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Well Well Well / The Plaid Jackets / Kilroy
- City Hall: Policemen’s Pension and Relief Board of Trustees * – 3:00 p.m.
- City Hall: Planning Agenda Session and Tour * – 4:00 p.m.
- Genesis Building: City Plan 2030 Community Presentation – 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall: Housing Authority Board of Commissioners * – 6:00 p.m.
- City Hall: Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods * – 6:00 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk