If the rain doesn’t ease up, Fayetteville is set for a rainy Fat Tuesday night. It’s no big deal, though. A good portion of tonight’s fun will take place indoors.
The big party is at George’s Majestic Lounge where locals The 1 oz. Jig and The Kory Montgomery Band will be “Chasin’ the voodoo down” beginning at around 9 p.m.
Earlier in the evening, Sarah Hughes will provide the tunes at Jose’s Mexican Restaurant where the annual Crowning of the Royalty of the Demented Krewe of Dickson ceremony will take place at around 8 p.m. After that, The Krewe will parade with the Billy Zydeco Band through sponsoring clubs on Dickson Street.
Last month’s snowstorm kept Hot Club of Cowtown from playing, but they’re back in town tonight at 7 p.m. in the UA Center for Continuing Education auditorium on the downtown square. Also playing is Tommy Sands and his Irish Band. Tickets are available through at waltonartscenter.org or by calling the box office at 443-5600.
Elsewhere, it’s a big night for the Ozark Poetry Slam at Rogue, Jeff Fox is at JJ’s, and Steve Dimmitt is at Salty Dog.
- Fayetteville Public Library: Facebook Workshop
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Salty Dog: Steve Dimmitt
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Ozark Poetry Team Selection Slam
- UA Global Campus: Hot Club of Cowtown & The Tommy Sands Family
- Jose’s: Fat Tuesday Party w/ Sarah Hughes
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Janice Yoes’ Studio Recit
- Walton Arts Center: UA Concert Band and Wind Symphony
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Dickson Street: Fat Tuesday on Dickson Street
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Fat Tuesday Party with Kory Montgomery and 1 Oz Jig
- City Hall: FFEAC Transportation Group – 9:00 a.m.
- City Hall: FCity Council Agenda Session * (agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall: Water and Sewer Committee * – 5:15 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk