Now that the Fayetteville City Council has made its official decision regarding a proposed smoking ban, things should quiet down a bit on Tuesday evenings at City Hall.
That’s not to say that the agenda is empty, though. In fact, it’s anything but small. Still, even with 11 items under the new business category, we doubt next Tuesday’s session will induce the kind of meeting hangovers anyone in attendance has been suffering from for the last six weeks.
Know of any good remedies for city government burnout? We do.
How’s about a tribute to New Orleans Jazz at Teatro Scarpino tonight? Some of the area’s finest musicians will kick off a new monthly jazz jam at 8 p.m. Tonight’s theme: Sounds inspired by Louis Armstrong, Sidney Bechet, and Jelly Roll Morton. Special guest Quin Carson (recent graduate of the Berklee school of music) will join the Nathan McLeod Group. According to a Facebook event for tonight’s jam, the cover is a mere $5.
Over at Rogue, Audible Chocolate is teaming up with the Ozark Poetry Slam for an all-night event. The slam, which begins at 7 p.m., will feature Big Poppa E and is themed, “My First Time.” Following that, will be DJ sets from Handsome Stan, Ultrasonic Nozzle vs. Spiff, Jeff Price, and Beastmaster. Black lights, lasers, poetry, music, and competition are all promised. That’s a lot for only $5.
Elsewhere, there’s live music at George’s, Greenhouse Grille, and JJ’s.
- Greenhouse Grille: Miles Ralston
- JJ’s Grill: Darren Ray
- Common Grounds: Stitch & Bitch
- Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- Rogue Pizza Co.: OLIVE: The Beastmaster / Jeff Price / Ozark Poetry Slam
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Viktor’s Dad Hugo and A Poor Substitute Featuring Joe Giles
- Teatro Scarpino: Tribute to New Orleans Jazz
- City Hall, Room 111: FFEAC Transportation Group – 8:30 a.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: City Council Agenda Session * (agenda) – 4:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 326: Water and Sewer Committee * – 5:15 p.m.
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk