With Fun Fact Monday being such a hit this week, adding couples and couples of pageviews to our monthly total, we figured we’d add another likely-one-time-only feature here on the Flyer.
Up today: Presenting news to our readers through the use of links to other websites who produced the news first. The kicker: We’re doing it on a Wednesday. What should we call it? Web Link Wednesday, duh.
Let’s get started:
How much does ____ make?
Ever wonder about the salaries of city officials? Arkansas Times has a database of city government payrolls which includes Fayetteville. Enjoy. (via Arkansas Times)
Please stop grunting
Are you put off by the bizarre noises some tennis players make while hitting tennis balls on the court? Yes? Well, so are tournament officials. Especially when it comes to Victoria Azarenka (see video below), whose grunts reach 95 decibels and last 1.5 seconds. (Via The Daily Telegraph)
Gross or effective?
The FDA unveiled nine new graphic health warning labels for cigarette packages earlier this week. The new labels must take up the top 50 percent of each pack of cigarettes and must be implemented by mid-2013. (Via The Consumerist)
Shout Lulu is at Greenhouse Grille, round #3 of the JR’s Drunken Spelling Bee is at the Lightbulb Club, and the Jon Shorter Band is at George’s.
- Fayetteville Public Library: Oklahoma band, the Sugar Free Allstars
- Fayetteville Public Library: NWA HOPE To Promote: HIV/AIDS Awareness 101 w/Panel
- Greenhouse Grille: Shout Lulu
- JJ’s Grill: Emily Knight
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Urban Achievers Wii Bowling
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Will Brand
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Brandy Armstrong
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Jon Shorter Band
- The Lightbulb Club: JR’s Drunken Spelling Bee Round #3
No meetings listed
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel are indicated with an asterisk