A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held at 6 p.m. Jan. 17 in room 219 of City Hall, 113 West Mountain Street.
Below is a brief overview of action taken at the meeting including links to PDF documents for each item.
Present: Adella Gray, Brenda Boudreaux, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Mayor Lioneld Jordan, Justin Tennant, Bobby Ferrell, Rhonda Adams, Sarah Lewis
Presentations, Reports and Discussions
- The 2012 Martin Luther King Brotherhood Award was presented to Lana Broyles, Mayor Lioneld Jordan’s office administrator and a 20-year employee of the city.
- City of Distinction Award
- Mayor Lioneld Jordan read the annual State of the City Address (read it here).
All items on the Consent portion of the agenda passed including an additional resolution to settle condemnation litigation for $11,850 concerning property owned by Ricky and Dawn Sparks on Cato Springs Road.
There were two items on the Unfinished Business portion of the agenda.
Unfinished Business items
* The Council amended the appeal and passed a resolution to allow left turn access into the business pending state approval of an added median on MLK Jr. Blvd.
There were four items on the New Business portion of the agenda.
New Business items
* Alderman Ferrell voted no.