The red holiday tree lights that were possibly going to be lit year-round on the square are being removed this week. The City Council wasn’t really into the idea.
A well-known Fayetteville statue that recently lost its historic designation is back up for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places.
It looks like the experiment to turn UARK Bowl into a Sunday night comedy club is going well. At least, well enough to continue for another month.
We’ve got some tickets to give away to see Béla Fleck and the Flecktones April 12 at the Walton Arts Center. Try to win ’em.
- Fayetteville Public Library: The Personal Cost of Fracking
- Sound Warehouse: Well, Well, Well… / The F*ck-Tards
- Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Mo Brothers
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Gerald Sloan’s Faculty Trombone Recital
- Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Old time fiddle jam
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Kyle Park
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Michael Tisdale
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tavern Trivia / DJ EJ’s Wheels of Steel
- Fix Ultralounge: Ultrasonic Nozzle
Wednesday Public Meetings
|9:00 a.m.||Technical Plat Review (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Country singer Reba McEntire is 57, rapper Cheryl James of Salt-N-Pepa is 46, actor Vince Vaughn is 42, reality TV personality Kate Gosselin is 37, guitarist Dave Keuning (The Killers) is 36, actress Julia Stiles is 31, and singer Lady Gaga is 26.