Chance of a Thunderstorm77° / 61°
Chance of a Thunderstorm81° / 64°
Partly Cloudy81° / 61°
Partly Cloudy82° / 63°
Mostly Cloudy82° / 64°
Fayetteville folks who’ve recently ventured up to the square might have noticed signs of a new restaurant coming to East Square Plaza. BHK on the Square will soon open in the old Hjem Restaurant space.
Please welcome our latest sponsor, a brand new healthy pet food store called The Whole Pet. Stop by the store at 2423 N. College Ave., and welcome them to the Flyer family!
The final piece of the 2012 Arkansas Razorbacks football schedule is now in place. We learned yesterday that the LSU home game has been moved to the Friday after Thanksgiving. Today, the “TBD” was removed from the Texas A&M away game location. That matchup will take place in College Station, Tex. instead of Cowboys Stadium.
An Artosphere kickoff event is set for tonight at the Walton Arts Center. At 4 p.m. local band 3 Penny Acre will play on the plaza alongside a special Farmer’s Market. At 5 p.m. the “Structuring Nature” exhibit is set to open inside Joy Pratt Markham Gallery. Expect more music and gallery tours later in the evening followed by a 7:30 p.m. conversation with bestselling author Michael Pollan.
Also tonight, it’s the second First Thursday Fayetteville event of the season. Things should kick off at around 5 p.m. on the downtown square.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Square: First Thursday Fayetteville
- Walton Arts Center: Artosphere: Structuring Nature
- Jammin’ Java: Acoustic jam
- JJ’s Grill: Darren Ray
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared: The Fall of the House
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Walter Savage
- Walton Arts Center: 3 Penny Acre / April Verch / Michael Pollan
- Rowdy Beaver Den: The Staggering Odds
- Foghorn’s on College: Amber and Emma
- Powerhouse Seafood: Hardaway & The Commoners
- Jose’s: Lil Hoojin
- Dickson Street Pub: Mo Brothers
- Rogue: Cool Shoes Fayetteville
Thursday Public Meetings
|9:00 a.m.||Subdivision Committee * (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:00 p.m.||Partners for Better Housing||City Hall, Room 111|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Folk singer Pete Seeger is 93, singer Frankie Valli is 78, sports announcer Greg Gumbel is 66, fashion critic Nina Garcia is 47, actress Christina Hendricks is 37 and country singer Eric Church is 35.