5-day Weather Forecast
Thunderstorm75° / 54°
Partly Cloudy77° / 52°
Mostly Cloudy79° / 55°
Chance of a Thunderstorm73° / 52°
Chance of a Thunderstorm79° / 63°
The Fayetteville Animal Shelter will offer $10 cats and kittens this weekend. Find yourself a new friend.
The folks at Owl Creek Elementary school will serve free lunches for children 18 years and younger this summer.
A new brewery, Fossil Cove Brewing Company, is set to open in Fayetteville next weekend just off Poplar Street.
We received info about three yard/garage sales on Camron Circle, Oakland Avenue and Shady Lane this weekend in Fayetteville. As always, we’ll publish those for free here on the Flyer.
Friday events, May 25
One of Fayetteville’s most promising young bands is celebrating the release of their new album Friday night. Surf De Soleil won’t have copies of their self-titled debut for sale at The Showcase for the show Friday night due to delays from the manufacturer, but you can order one, and they’ll mail or deliver it to you when they arrive.
After about a year living in Austin, Fayetteville’s own Messy Sparkles is back in Fayetteville for a while (hopefully, for a long while), and he’ll be at JR’s Lightbulb Club with laPANZA and Trasspassers.
Country singer, Squidbillies voice actor, and Billy Bob Thorton’s favorite songwriter, Unknown Hinson is at George’s Majestic Lounge Friday night. It will likely be unlike any show you’ve ever seen, unless you’ve seen Unknown Hinson before.
Full Friday list:
- Greenhouse Grille: Alex Lewis Jazz
- Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Bruce Allen
- The Showcase: Surf De Soleil
- Foghorn’s on College: Vikki Cunningham
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Steve Dimmitt
- GoodFolk: Bill Staines
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Michael Tisdale / Ben Harris / Kate Knox
- Block Avenue: Alley 38
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Dave Bright
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Unknown Hinson / Joe Giles / Tyrannosaurus Chicken
- JJ’s Grill: Ouachita River Band
- Jose’s: Rock House
- Walton Arts Center: Jonathan Story – In Concert
- Kingfish: Dead Armadillos
- Billy’s Grill: Dark Highway
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: laPANZA / Messy Sparkles / Trasspassers
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Not In The Face! / The Blind Pets
Saturday events, May 26
So, yesterday, the folks from the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market posted on Facebook that “Saturday might be an extra special Saturday at the Market.” Think that has anything to do with Food Network’s The Great Food Truck Race being in town? We think yes.
Do you like kids’ art? If yes, you’ll probably like Art Attack I: Kids’ Art Show at JR’s Lightbulb Club Saturday from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
George’s Majestic Lounge has a big Stax & Motown Tribute Saturday night, featuring musicians Dennis Toliver, Ocie Fisher, Emily Cole, and Broderick Daniels.
Did you like A+ Setup’s set at Block Street Block Party last week? Good, because they’re back in Fayetteville for a show at Smoke & Barrel Tavern with Matt Damon cover band (not really), Matt Demon.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Art Attack I: Kids’ Art Show
- Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Dead Irish Blues
- Foghorn’s on College: Scott Young
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Johathan Trawick
- Block Avenue: Alley 38
- West End: Keith Nicholson Trio
- Stone Pony: Country Express
- Rogue: Samantha Hunt / 4-man Trio / Revolution Butterfly
- Dickson Street Pub: Effron White
- JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- Jose’s: Amanda Rey
- Kingfish: Carter Sampson
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Stax & Motown Tribute
- Legacy Blues Lounge: The Swoops
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: A+ Setup / Matt Demon
Sunday events, May 27
Sunday is a good day to visit the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks. Mainly, because that’s the day they’re out there.
If you’re at all interested in experimental theater, you should absolutely check out Artist Labaratory Theater’s Alley 38 this weekend (beginning at the parking lot at the corner of Block Avenue and Spring Street). As of last night, we were told there were still some tickets available for the Sunday night show.
Carter Sampson is at Common Grounds, and you can get as crazy as you want out on the town, ’cause Monday’s Memorial Day. Go for it.
Full Sunday list:
|No meetings listed|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.