5-day Weather Forecast
Clear36° / 18°
Partly Cloudy36° / 14°
Clear43° / 21°
Chance of Rain46° / 28°
Mostly Cloudy36° / 16°
The folks at the Mustache Goods & Wears plan to open another version of their popular clothing, gifts, and novelty store at 113 W. Central Ave. on the Bentonville square.
Volunteers with the Fayetteville Urban Forestry Advisory Board announced the winners of their inaugural Landscape Awards on Monday. Here are the winners.
The Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission on Wednesday announced the hiring of Hot Springs native Matt Clement as its new operations manager.
JT “WampetteChill” Wampler (not a real nickname) tried out Bitter & Twisted, English IPA from Harviestoun Brewery in Scotland for his latest installment of “It’s All About the Beer.”
Friday events, June 15
There’s a long list of good local bands at George’s Majestic Lounge Friday night. A really long list. Swimming, Teenagers, Bear Colony, Fauxnz, Very Special Guests, and The Poggs are all on the bill for the late night show. For happy hour, Fort Smith bluesman Chris Cameron will perform in the garden, and Oklahoma vocalist Michelle McBride is in the lounge.
Since 1990, some incredible singer-songwriters, including well-known names in folk, bluegrass, and blues, have performed acoustic shows for small audiences in an old house venue in downtown Fayetteville called GoodFolk Productions. This weekend, music lovers will say goodbye to the house at 229 N. Block Ave., as the last two shows at the location are set for this weekend. One of them is Friday night, with Robin & Linda Williams & Their Fine Group. The show will be held on the back porch to accommodate an (expected) larger crowd.
Do you like video game music? The OneUps are back at Smoke & Barrel Tavern, performing with Lucio on the mic Friday night. They rule.
Eureka Springs duo Brick Fields is at Fresco Cafe, and guitar master Kory Montgomery is at Rogue.
Full Friday list:
- Fayetteville Public Library: Friday Morning Movies: Alvin and The Chipmunks – Chipwrecked
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Brick Fields
- Jose’s: Jason Strode
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Cutthroat Trout / Daddy Mack Blues Band
- Dickson Street Pub: Effron White
- Foghorn’s on College: Sarah Hughes
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Chris Cameron / Michelle McBride / Swimming / Teenagers / Bear Colony / Fauxnz / Very Special Guests / The Poggs
- Greenhouse Grille: Alex Lewis
- JJ’s Grill: Vikki McGhee Band
- Kingfish: Weakness For Blondes
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Loose Change
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Southern Corruption
- Highway 62 Event Center: I Do Declare / Damn Arkansan / Motortrain
- Rogue: Kory Montgomery / Soulful Sound / Duty Free / Cadillac Jackson / Brandi Hamilton
- GoodFolk: Robin & Linda Williams & Their Fine Group
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Equals / Mainland Divide / Corduroi
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: OneUps / Lucio
Saturday events, June 16
The 8th annual Wingfest, sponsored by local radio station 98.3 The Keg, is set for Saturday in the parking lot of the Northwest Arkansas Mall. Admission is $5, Darren Ray and Isayah Warford will perform, and you can sample wings from several area restaurants, and vote on your favorites. Here’s some more info.
The Razorback baseball team will take on Kent State in the first round of the 2012 College World Series on Saturday at 4 p.m. The game will be televised by ESPN.
Smoke & Barrel has DJ Shortfuze and friends, and George’s has Eureka Springs band Mountain Sprout.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Agri Park: Veterans Run
- Fayetteville Public Library: 10×10 Countdown Conversation: Artosphere Orchestra
- NWA Mall: Wingfest / Darren Ray
- Jose’s: Rock House
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Wes & Miles / Blew Reed and the Flatheads
- Louie’s Bar & Grill: Effron White
- Foghorn’s on College: Amber and Emma
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: Great Quintets: Artosphere Chamber Music Series
- Kingfish: Dollar Fox
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: E & The Boys
- Rowdy Beaver Den: West Street Blues Band
- Stone Pony: Kevin Upshaw / One Night Stand
- JJ’s Grill: TJ Scarlett
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Shortfuze
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Mountain Sprout
Sunday events, June 17
Maine-based singer/songwriter Slaid Cleaves is set to be the last ever performer at Goodfolk’s historic house near the corner of Block Avenue and Dickson Street Sunday night. Cleaves will perform on the back porch, and the backyard is expected to be packed with folks who will pay their last respects to a place that has hosted hundreds of amazing performances over the years. Here’s hoping that GoodFolk will rise again sometime soon.
There’s a show at the Arkansas Music Pavilion Saturday night as well, with pop stars Colbie Caillat, Gavin Degraw, and Andy Grammer. Ticket information for the show is at waltonartscenter.com.
Also on Sunday, the Mountain Street Stage Music series continues at Fayetteville Public Library with Ryan Ashworth and the Ho-Dad’s. The show starts at 2 p.m., and is completely free.
Full Sunday list:
|9:00 a.m.||Fayetteville Forward Economic Accountability Council *||FPL, Henry Board Room|
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 12-54, Large Water Pumps – Equipment Only||City Hall, Room 111|
|3:00 p.m.||Offstreet Parking Development District *||City Hall, Room 111|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.