5-day Weather Forecast
Partly Cloudy75° / 54°
Chance of a Thunderstorm77° / 59°
Chance of a Thunderstorm79° / 59°
Partly Cloudy81° / 63°
Partly Cloudy82° / 64°
The three-way stop at the intersection of Maple Street and Razorback Road was converted into a four-way stop yesterday.
Local charter school founder and superintendent Martin Schoppmeyer yesterday announced a bid to fill the soon-to-be vacant Ward 3, Position 2 seat on the Fayetteville City Council.
First Security Bank will soon open a branch location in the Garland Center on the University of Arkansas campus. The bank will relocate its Arkansas Student Union branch into the retail space at 616 N. Garland Avenue.
JT “WampPeople” Wampler (not a real nickname) checked out Hoptimistic India Pale Ale from Charleville Vineyard Brewery in Saint Genevieve, Mo. for the latest installment of “It’s All About the Beer.” Spoiler alert: He liked it.
Friday events, June 29
If you’re thirsty for blues at happy hour, George’s Majestic Lounge has local favorites Earl & Them and Steve Pryor. Later on, two extremely talented local bands working in completely different genres are playing together. We like seeing funky Flipoff Pirates and rock-y Perpetual Werewolf on the same bill.
I can’t remember the last time there was a happy hour show at the Lightbulb Club, but they’re trying one out at 7 p.m. Friday night with excellent bluegrass trio, Sad Daddy. Later that night, Fort Smith rockers Pagiins is playing with Russellville punks Half Raptor and The Chads.
There’s also a punk rock show at LaLaLand (behind Art Experience on MLK) with Inky Skulls, Anti-Sociales, Eric Ayotte, Un Final Fatale and buck.buck.
Local bluesman RJ Mischo is at Smoke & Barrel, and Tulsa songwriter Jesse Aycock is at Kingfish.
Full Friday list:
- Greenhouse Grille: Walter Savage Jazz
- JJ’s Grill: Joe Giles & the Homewreckers
- Foghorn’s on College: Jeff Carey
- Jose’s: Red Ambition
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Ben Harris / Joe Pitts
- JR’s Lightbulb Club: Sad Daddy / Pagiins / Half Raptor / The Chads
- Kingfish: Jesse Aycock
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Red Dirt Mojo
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Blew Reed & The Flatheads
- Ella’s: Matt Smith
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Flipoff Pirates / Perpetual Werewolf / Earl & Them / Steve Pryor
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: RJ Mischo
- The Wine Cellar: Jones & Leah
- LaLaLand: Inky Skulls / Anti-Sociales / Eric Ayotte / Un Final Fatale / buck.buck
- Scarpino: Hot Salsa Night
Saturday events, June 30
If we were you, we’d get down to the Fayetteville Square early for the Farmers’ Market this week. It’s gonna be a hot one.
After that, you could swing by the NWA Pride Parade. Staging begins at 8 a.m., and the parade will make its way down Dickson Street at around 10 a.m.
Two of the bands on Paste’s list of “12 Arkansas Bands You Should Listen To Now” are playing at Smoke & Barrel Tavern Saturday night. If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and check out Damn Arkansan and Teenagers.
If it’s a dance party you’re after, you’ll find it at Rogue. They’ve got another installment of COOL SHOES with DJs Bizar, Baby Armie, The Erratic Ninja, and Wolf-E-Wolf.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Dickson Street: NWA Pride Parade
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Jose’s: Durham
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Walter Savage
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Sarah Hughes
- Walton Arts Center: KUAF Summer Jazz Series: Aaron Goldberg Trio
- Kingfish: Paul Benjamin
- Stone Pony: Dark Highway
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Radio Sky / Dreamfast / Family History / Silent Waits the Archer
- JJ’s Grill: Jovan Arellano
- Speakeasy: All Out June White Party
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Damn Arkansan / Teenagers
- Rogue: COOL SHOES dance party
Sunday events, July 1
If you need any Sunday vegetables, you can get some at the Farmers’ Market at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks.
Later on, there’s an art show at LaLaLand featuring work by Amjad Faur, Jessie Chandler Ward, and Sarah Norsworthy.
Full Sunday list:
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Farmers’ Market
- Common Grounds: DJ Soulfree
- Greenhouse Grille: Pat Pathoumthong
- LaLaLand: Art Show: Amjad Faur, Jessie Chandler Ward , Sarah Norsworthy
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.