5-day Weather Forecast
Chance of Snow25° / 18°
Ice Pellets34° / 16°
Fog34° / 12°
Partly Cloudy39° / 16°
Clear39° / 5°
If you find yourself with a loose lug or a low tire on your next downtown bike ride, you’ll be happy to know there’s a new bicycle repair station that’s free to use on Frisco Trail.
JT Wampler checked out Grapefruit Radler by Stiegl in this week’s edition of “It’s All About The Beer.”
Repairs to a heavily damaged section of Frisco Trail are underway just south of the Center Street trail crossing.
Officials with the group working to let voters decide if Benton County should become “wet” announced that they turned in more than 56,000 signatures to the County Clerk’s office on Thursday.
Former Minutemen front man and bass player Mike Watt is coming to town for a show with his new band The Missingmen at the venue on Oct. 28.
Friday events, July 13
Rogers-native-turned-famous-country-music-star Joe Nichols is coming back to town, and he’ll be at George’s Majestic Lounge Friday night playing hits like, “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off,” “Gimme That Girl,” and “Brokenheartsville.” The Nace Brothers will kick off the weekend during happy hour.
Local thunder band Thunderlizards are celebrating their first anniversary Friday night at The Lightbulb Club, with their friends Perpetual Werewolf and Basement Brew. It will be a rock show. Read a (highly entertaining) recent interview with Thunderlizards.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern has Sarah Hughes Band, and Matt Smith is at Greenhouse Grille.
Full Friday list:
- Ella’s: William Reyes
- Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- UARK Bowl: Beach Bingo Bash
- Rogue: Effron White / Richard Hartrick
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Joe Nichols / Nace Brothers
- Legacy Blues Lounge: T.J. Scarlett / Barrett Baber
- The Lightbulb Club: Thunderlizards / Perpetual Werewolf / Basement Brew
- Dickson Street Pub: Mo Brothers
- Jose’s: One Night Stand
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Sarah Hughes Band
- Scarpino: Salsa Night
Saturday events, July 14
The Farmers’ Market on the Fayetteville Square is the place to be on Saturday morning.
Saturday evening, you could check out the Firefly Fling at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks. There are a ton of hands-on activities for kids, music, and more. Here’s some more info.
There’s a really good sounding show at The Lightbulb Club Saturday night. Wade Ogle’s new project, Mad Spirits will debut a new lineup, and new material. Plus, we haven’t been able to stop listening to St. Louis-band, Water Liars, who are also on the bill.
Local favorites 1 oz. Jig are at George’s Saturday night, and they’re bringing their bayou reggae friends, Stiff Necked Fools back to town as well.
Randal Shreve & The Sideshow are back in action at Rogue Saturday night, and Catfish Jackson is at Smoke & Barrel.
Full Saturday list:
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Sound Warehouse: Meatsweat
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: Firefly Fling – family festival
- Foghorn’s on College: Smith and Reed
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Russ Hutchion / Mark Albertson Trio
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Catfish Jackson
- The Lightbulb Club: Mad Spirits / Water Liars
- Dickson Street Pub: Effron White
- JJ’s Grill: Chester P. & The Vinyl Kings
- Jose’s: Amanda Rey
- George’s Majestic Lounge: 1 oz Jig / Cadillac Jackson
- Kingfish: Uncrowned Kings
- Rogue: Randall Shreve & The Sideshow
Sunday events, July 15
There are DJ’s at the large pavilion at Walker Park this Sunday. The family-friendly, all ages is event is called Subdued Sundays, and features laid-back music by Doohickey, Ultrasonic Nozzle, and Jonny 290.
Fayetteville Public Library will be screening the documentary film Ground Truth on Sunday, which examines the human cost of war from the perspective of the soldiers who fight them. The movie starts at 2 p.m.
Full Sunday list:
|2:00 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 12-59, Utility Rescue Vehicles||City Hall, Room 326|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.