Chance of a Thunderstorm77° / 54°
Chance of a Thunderstorm75° / 54°
Chance of a Thunderstorm79° / 61°
Chance of a Thunderstorm81° / 63°
Partly Cloudy81° / 64°
TheatreSquared is set to kick off its seventh season this weekend with Michael Fayn’s comedy, Noises Off. The show officially opens Friday night, but a discounted preview show is set for tonight at 7:30 p.m. inside Nadine Baum Studios. As somewhat of a final dress rehearsal, the preview show offers an affordable opportunity to see the performance in its entirety before opening night.
Political candidates who don’t keep proper tabs on their campaign signs could face prosecution this year, said City Attorney Kit Williams. The warning came following several complaints about signs which violate the city’s sign ordinance, particularly large political signs that are not allowed to be displayed inside the city limits until Sept. 8.
University of Arkansas officials yesterday announced an agreement with Texas A&M to resume a long-term football series in Cowboys Stadium beginning in 2014.
One of the larger vacant buildings along College Avenue will soon have a new tenant. Goodwill Industries of Arkansas plans to open a second Fayetteville location in the former ALDI grocery store near Fiesta Square.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Matt & Gus Smith
- JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- Foghorn’s on College: Darren Ray
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Anthony Ball & Friends
- Jose’s: Jason Strode
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Walter Savage
- Dickson Street Pub: Good Night Athena
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Noises Off
- UARK Bowl: Bobcat Goldthwait / Carlos Valencia
- Powerhouse Seafood: Boom Kinetic
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Ruckus
- Jammin’ Java: Acoustic jam
- Nightbird Books: Zigtebra / Brian Abel Boombox Experiment
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Honeyshine
- Rogue: Shawn James / TAJ
- LIT: Lucious Spiller Band
- Fix Ultralounge: FIX Thursdays w/ Solegroove
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Randy Rogers
Thursday Public Meetings
|6:00 p.m.||Fayetteville Council of Neighborhoods *||City Hall, Room 326|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Actor Bill Daily is 85, actress Peggy Lipton is 65, comedian Lewis Black is 64, guitarist Lars Frederiksen of Rancid is 41, actress Cameron Diaz is 40, TV personality Lisa Ling is 39.