Chance of a Thunderstorm86° / 68°
Partly Cloudy90° / 70°
Partly Cloudy88° / 68°
Clear88° / 70°
Partly Cloudy90° / 68°
The University of Arkansas Tuesday announced a major gift toward a planned performing arts center on the Fayetteville campus. Jim and Joyce Faulkner of Little Rock have pledged $6 million to support the estimated $17 million cost to convert the university’s Old Field House building into a concert hall that would seat between 600-700 people.
A sculpture honoring Silas Hunt, the first African-American law student at the University of Arkansas, was dedicated on the UA campus last week. The Silas Hunt Memorial Sculpture, located between Old Main and the Academic Support Building, was created by University of Central Arkansas professor of art Bryan Massey Sr.
From everything we’ve heard, TheatreSquared has a hit on their hands with the hilarious new show, Noises Off, now playing at Nadine Baum Studios. We have two pair of tickets to the Sunday, Sept. 16 performance. Try to win!
Set your DVRs or VCRs, and get ready to watch for your friends on television this weekend. The Fayetteville episode of The Great Food Truck Race airs at 8 p.m. CST Sunday, Sept. 9. on the Food Network.
This week’s list of deals, specials and other news from Flyer Sponsors includes several drink specials, gameday offers and more.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- Fayetteville Square: First Thursday Fayetteville
- Fayetteville Underground: Art openings
- Fayetteville Public Library: Free Flix Before 6: Hunger Games
- Rowdy Beaver Den: Lil Hoojin
- Fayetteville Square: Nathan A. & Max RPM
- Foghorn’s on College: Michael Shaw
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Anthony Ball & Friends
- Kingfish: Charlieshine
- JJ’s Grill: Jerrod Mounce
- Jose’s: Red Ambition
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Noises Off
- UARK Bowl: Stand-up comedy: Stewart Huff / Keith Manning
- Powerhouse Seafood: Copesetic
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Effron White / John Davies / Richard Hartrick
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Craig Hagar
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Elizabeth Cook
- Fix Ultralounge: Deekline / Waldo / Tilly Time
- LaLaLand: Mobius Strip / Archbuilders / Resin Hands
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Soulful Sound / Mr. Blue
Thursday Public Meetings
|4:00 p.m.||Planning Agenda Session and Tour *||City Hall, Room 111|
|6:00 p.m.||Partners for Better Housing||City Hall, Room 111|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Country singer David Allan Coe is 73, singer-bassist Roger Waters of Pink Floyd is 69, comedian-actress Jane Curtin is 65, country singer Buddy Miller is 60, actor-comedian Jeff Foxworthy is 54, actor-comedian Michael Winslow is 54, country singer Mark Chesnutt is 49, actress Rosie Perez is 48, singer Macy Gray is 45, singer Dolores O’Riordan of The Cranberries is 41, singer Nina Persson of The Cardigans is 38 and rapper Foxy Brown is 34.