Partly Cloudy88° / 68°
Chance of a Thunderstorm86° / 64°
Thunderstorm81° / 64°
Chance of Rain75° / 61°
Chance of a Thunderstorm79° / 55°
A $5 million commitment from the Tyson family and Tyson Foods Inc. will establish a research program and a lifetime achievement prize at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, officials announced Wednesday.
The Fayetteville City Council appointed six residents to serve on its newly created Town and Gown Advisory Committee. The consultative group was formed in July to discuss issues commonly found in university towns across the country like campus expansion projects, student housing needs, noise complaints, and increased traffic during the school season.
Lindsay Powell’s solo project, Fielded, is at Nightbird Books tonight with new local band Moon Magnet (members of Voyageurs and Messy Sparkles). The show is all ages, starts at 9 p.m. and has a $3 cover.
Jimmy Herring, a guitarist who has played with Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers, The Greatful Dead, Bela Fleck, and others will perform in Fayetteville on Monday.
In other Fayetteville show news, busker-turned-pop star Andy Grammer will play a free show next month, sponsored by University Programs at the University of Arkansas.
- Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- JJ’s Grill: Ben Coulter
- Fresco Cafe & Pub: Bijoux ft Soulful Sounds
- Jammin’ Java: Acoustic Jam
- Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Noises Off
- Walton Arts Center: Plena Libre
- Powerhouse Seafood: Kelly Road / Steve Dimmit
- Rowdy Beaver Den: 100 Proof
- Foghorn’s on College: Jones ‘N Leah
- Nightbird Books: Fielded / Moon Magnet
- UARK Bowl: Live comedy: Paul Strickland
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Matt Smith
- George’s Majestic Lounge: Robert Earl Keen
- The Lightbulb Club: Off With Their Heads / Glory Bones / Not On Your Life
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Blocka / Lucio / Shortfuze
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Mr. Blue
Thursday Public Meetings
|4:00 p.m.||Planning Agenda Session and Tour *||City Hall, Room 111|
|5:30 p.m.||Telecommunications Board *||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:30 p.m.||Southeast Fayetteville Community Center||Yvonne Richardson Center|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Actress Sophia Loren is 78, jazz guitarist Peter White is 58, bassist Randy Bradbury of Pennywise is 48, actress Moon Bloodgood is 37, rapper Yung Joc is 30, actor Aldis Hodge is 26 and actress Spencer Locke is 21.