Planning commissioners on Monday unanimously approved a conditional use permit for a community recycling drop-off facility on the south side of North Street near Scull Creek Trail.
Back in September, the people of America chose the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market as their favorite. Now it’s time to celebrate.
Organizers of the Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival donated $36,000 to local high school running programs yesterday.
Arkansas quarterback was involved in a minor traffic accident on Tuesday, but the senior signal caller was not injured in the incident.
Timothy G. Nutt was appointed head of the special collections department of the University of Arkansas Libraries, UA officials announced this week.
- Greenhouse Grille: Teddy Sablon
- JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- Legacy Blues Lounge: Wes & Miles
- Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: TJ Scarlett
- UA Student Union: Poetry Performer Sonya Renee
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: UA celebrates faculty authors
- Herman’s Ribhouse: Brick Fields
- Foghorn’s on College: Effron White
- George’s Majestic Lounge: The Devil Makes Three
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Drive-In Speakerbox’s Tavern Trivia
- UARK Bowl: Standup Open Mic Night
- Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Jules Brown
Wednesday Public Meetings
|4:00 p.m.||Urban Forestry Advisory Board *||City Hall, Room 111|
|5:30 p.m.||Active Transportation Advisory Committee *||City Hall, Room 326|
» View all of this week’s public meetings
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
*Send us your local birthday shout-outs.
Others: Singer John Prine is 66, author Nora Roberts is 62, singer David Lee Roth is 58, country singer Tanya Tucker is 54, actress Julia Sweeney is 53, actor Bradley Whitford is 53, former NFL quarterback Brett Favre is 43, actress Wendi McLendon-Covey is 43, actor and TV personality Mario Lopez is 39, NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 38, singer Mya is 33 and actress Lucy Griffiths is 26.