A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012 at 6 p.m. in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items up for approval during the meeting including links to downloadable PDFs for each item.
Ten items make up the Consent portion of the agenda including approval of the Nov. 8 meeting minutes.
1. Approval of the November 8, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #12-19 Peterbilt (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #12-19 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) auto arm refuse trucks from Peterbilt of Fort Smith in the total amount of $517,086, for use by the Solid Waste Division, and approving a budget adjustment.
3. Bid #12-73 North Point Ford (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #12-73 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-250 truck with deerskin animal control body from North Point Ford of North Little Rock in the total amount of $49,856 for use by the Animal Services Division, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Riggs Cat (PDF): A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Caterpillar bulldozer from Riggs Cat, pursuant to a state procurement contract, in the amount of $105,422 for use by the Transportation Division, and approving a budget adjustment.
5. Internal Revenue Services (IRS) Task Force (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $30,100 to recognize revenue and expenses related to City participation in the local Internal Revenue Services (IRS) Task Force for fiscal year 2012-2013.
6. Arkansas State Police Asset Forfeiture Fund (PDF): A resolution authorizing acceptance of a grant in the amount of $34,664 from the Arkansas State Police Asset Forfeiture Fund for the purchase of an undercover drug enforcement vehicle and a covert audio/video recorder, and approving a budget adjustment.
7. Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. Amendment No. 4 (PDF): A resolution approving supplemental Agreement No. 4 to the contract with Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. in the amount of $768,033.41 for engineering services for the Fayetteville Expressway Development Corridor Project, and approving a budget adjustment.
8. Garver, LLC (PDF): A resolution approving a professional engineering services agreement with Garver, LLC for on-call engineering and surveying services in the amount of $25,000 and engineering design services for the Greenland sewer rehabilitation project in the amount of $100,087, and approving a project contingency of $10,000.
9. City of Greenland Wastewater Service Agreement (PDF): A resolution approving an extension of the agreement between the City of Fayetteville and the City of Greenland regarding the provision of wastewater collection services in the City of Greenland.
10. RJN Group, Inc. Amendment No. 1 (PDF): A resolution approving Amendment No. 1 to the engineering services agreement with RJN Group, Inc. in the amount of $160,957.58 to update the wastewater collection system model and master plan.
There is no old business to revisit this week.
There are seven items on the New Business portion of the agenda including contract awards related to the College Avenue flyover project and a resolution adopting the 2013 Annual Budget and Work Program.
1. Bid #12-68 Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. (PDF): A resolution awarding Bid #12-68 and approving a contract with Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. in the amount of $6,303,828.48 for the construction of the Fulbright Expressway/Highway 71B Flyover, approving a project contingency of $315,191.42, and approving a budget adjustment.
2. SourceGas Arkansas, Inc. (PDF) An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding for approving a cost-share agreement with Sourcegas Arkansas, Inc. in the amount of $94,577 for the relocation of gas mains and facilities necessary for the Fulbright Expressway/Highway 71-B Flyover Project and for all future payments to or contracts with Sourcegas Arkansas, Inc. for the relocation costs for natural gas utility mains and appurtenances necessitated by road reconstruction or widening projects within Sourcegas Arkansas, Inc.’s area of service, approving a project contingency of $18,915 for the Flyover Project, and approving a budget adjustment.
3. VAC 12-4219 (2514 New School Pl./The New School) (PDF): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4219 submitted by Jorgensen and Associates for property located at 2514 New School Place to vacate portions of existing easements and right-of-way.
4. VAC 12-4231 (Alley Between W. Cleveland St. and W. Douglas St./University of Arkansas) (PDF): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4231 submitted by Allen Jay Young for property located between West Cleveland Street and West Douglas Street to vacate an alley, a total of 0.25 acres.
5. 2013 Annual Budget and Work Program (PDF): A resolution adopting the 2013 Annual Budget and Work Program.
6. CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. (PDF): A resolution approving contract Amendment No. 3 with CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $7,224,875 for operation, maintenance, management and engineering services for city wastewater treatment facilities and systems in 2013 subject to approval of the 2013 annual city budget and work program, and approving a $70,000 contract contingency.
7. South Garland Boulevard Associates, LP (PDF): An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a cost-share agreement with South Garland Boulevard Associates, LP in the approximate amount of $98,949 for the upgrading of an eight-inch water main to a twelve-inch water main along Indian Trail from Razorback Road to Rose Avenue and the construction of a twelve-inch water main from Rose Avenue to Stadium Drive.