Remember how excited we were to hear that for the first time since 1992, the annual battle for the Golden Boot would be played in Fayetteville in 2012?
Yeah. A whole lot has happened since then.
The Hogs are just 4-7 on the year, and with no BCS ramifications, no conference championship on the line and no bowl implications at stake. Suffice to say that the Golden Boot has lost a bit of its luster this year.
There’s also a chance that there will be no battle for the Golden Boot after 2013. There have been reports that LSU and Texas A&M plan to start their own end-of-the season rivalry game when the new SEC schedule comes out in 2014.
Despite all of those factors, there’s still a game to be played this weekend, and the Razorbacks would most certainly love to put the black in the Tigers’ Black Friday this year.
We’re guessing they won’t, but they might. Right? Our guess: LSU 42, Arkansas 14.
Let us know what you think the final score will be. If you’re the closest (see rules below), you’ll get a free t-shirt from Bearstate Supply.
This will be John L. Smith’s final game as coach of the Hogs, so we’re throwing in an extra twist to make things interesting this week. With your score prediction, leave the name of who you think the next Arkansas head football coach will be. Whoever guesses right will also win a free shirt from Bearstate Supply. If multiple people guess the next head coach correctly, we’ll choose a random winner.
How to enter
Leave a comment with your game prediction. You may also leave the name of who you think the next Razorback head coach will be.
What you’ll win
One short sleeve t-shirt of your choice (design, color, size) from the Bearstate Supply online store (hoodies, long sleeve, ringers and tri-blends not included).
- You only may enter this specific contest once.
- Contests are open to anyone anywhere except staff of Fayetteville Flyer and their immediate family members.
- The winning entry must pick the winning team and have the smallest combined difference from each team’s final score. Example: If the Razorbacks win by a score of 21-7, and your prediction was Razorbacks 20-10, your difference would be 1 + 3 = 4. In the event of a tie, a winner will be selected by a random drawing.
- You must pick the score by 15 minutes before kickoff for each game.
- Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.
Arkansas vs. LSU
Date: Friday, Nov. 23
Time: 1:30 p.m. Central
Location: Fayetteville, Ark.