Chance of a Thunderstorm88° / 73°
Chance of a Thunderstorm88° / 68°
Partly Cloudy90° / 68°
Chance of a Thunderstorm88° / 66°
Chance of a Thunderstorm86° / 63°
Arvest Bank officials are set to break ground on the newest Fayetteville branch tomorrow morning. The new location will replace a long vacant car dealership at the southwest corner of College and Township.
Fayetteville’s newest City Council members have plenty of information to digest before their first meeting in January. Aldermen-elect Alan Long, Sarah Marsh and Martin Schoppmeyer sat through a series of brief meetings Tuesday morning as part of the city’s New Aldermen Orientation program.
Speaking of City Council, here’s a recap of all action taken during last night’s meeting, which was the final council meeting of the year.
Local forecasters say there is a potential for severe weather in Northwest Arkansas this week, including a wintry mix and some light snow. No accumulation is expected, though.
Colorado-based electronic duo Big Gigantic is coming to Fayetteville in February. The band will perform on a newly expanded stage at George’s Majestic Lounge.
- 11:30 p.m. Bear’s Place: Brick Fields Duo
- 9 p.m. Scarpino: GlitchCon and Neo Victorian party
- 5:30 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Free Flix Before 6 – ELF
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Sarah Hughes
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Russ Hutchison
- 7 p.m. Mt. Sequoyah: Effron White
- 7 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA Women’s Basketball vs. Mississippi Valley State
- 7 p.m Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Carter Sampson
- 8 p.m. Legacy Blues Lounge: Big Bluesy
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tavern Trivia
|9:00 a.m.||Technical Plat Review (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
|5:00 p.m.||Washington County Regional Ambulance Authority||Station 1|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
» Add birthdays
Others: Country singer Little Jimmy Dickens is 92, magician Criss Angel is 45, actress Kristy Swanson is 43, actress Alyssa Milano is 40, actor Jake Gyllenhaal is 32, rapper Lady Sovereign is 27.