Walton Arts Center officials have agreed to “fast track” a $20 million expansion of the arts center’s facility on Dickson Street in Fayetteville.
The Fayetteville school district was awarded a $10,000 grant from the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program for its Farm to School initiative, school officials announced this week.
A brand new musical based on the 2002 Dreamworks film, “Catch Me if You Can” is coming to the Walton Arts Center next month. We have two pair of tickets to give away. Head over to the contest post to enter.
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- 7:30 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: TheatreSquared’s Period of Adjustment
- 7 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA Men’s Basketball vs. Robert Morris
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Nate Hancock
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Creole Christmas
- 9 p.m. Brewski’s: S.ROLX / DJ EJ
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: HURT / Amsterdam / RedEcho
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: DJ Clunk
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jeff Kearney
- 10 p.m. Legacy Blues Lounge: Randall Shreve
|6:00 p.m.||Housing Authority Board of Commissioners *||City Hall, Room 111|
|5:00 p.m.||Fayetteville School Board (agenda)||Adams Leadership Center|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
» Add birthdays
Others: Former Kiss drummer Peter Criss is 67, illusionist Uri Geller is 66, singer-songwriter Billy Bragg is 55, singer-bassist Mike Watt of The Minutemen is 55, singer-guitarist Chris Robinson of Black Crowes is 46, singer-pedal steel guitarist Robert Randolph is 32, singer David Cook is 30, actor Jonah Hill is 29 and model Lara Stone is 29.