A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013 at 6 p.m. in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 W. Mountain St. in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items considered during the meeting, action taken for each item, and links to downloadable PDFs for each item.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer, Alan Long
Absent: Rhonda Adams
Oaths of Office
1. Sarah Marsh – Alderman Ward 1
2. Matthew Petty – Alderman Ward 2
3. Martin W. Schoppmeyer, Jr. – Alderman Ward 3
4. Alan T. Long – Alderman Ward 4
5. Lioneld Jordan – Mayor
6. Sondra E. Smith – City Clerk Treasurer
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items
1. Election of Vice Mayor – Adella Gray was unanimously elected
2. Report on the Firemen’s and Policemen’s Pension and Relief Fund – Mayor Lioneld Jordan
3. Housing Authority Board Appointments – Leon Jones Jr. and Mike Emery appointed
1. Approval of the December 4, 2012 and December 18, 2012 City Council meeting minutes: – Pass 7-0
2. Arkansas Entertainers Walk of Fame: (PDF): A resolution to express the City Council’s intention to allow Butch Stone and Jason Bigbee to establish an Arkansas Entertainers Walk of Fame on sidewalks around the interior of the Square and on Center Street. – Pass 7-0
1. Amend §72.18 Residential Parking Permit Program for the Entertainment District Parking Zone: (PDF): An ordinance to amend §72.18 Residential Parking Permit Program for the Entertainment District Parking Zone (A) Applicability to add the block of Ila between Wilson and Vandeventer to this zone. – Pass 5-2*
*Tennant and Schoppmeyer voted no. Before the vote, Tennant requested more time to consider the ordinance.
2. Amend §151.01 Definitions and §174.08 Prohibited Signs (PDF): An ordinance to amend §151.01 Definitions and §174.08 Prohibited Signs of the Unified Development Code of Fayetteville to clarify regulations concerning electronic message boards. – Pass 7-0
3. Amend §31.30 (E)(1) and §31.45 (G)(1) (PDF): An ordinance to amend §31.30 (E)(1) and §31.45 (G)(1) of the Fayetteville Code. – Pass 7-0
4. Survey Citizens’ Priorities for Capital Projects (PDF): A resolution to express the City Council’s intention to survey citizens’ priorities for capital projects of a cultural nature. – Pass 7-0