5-day Weather Forecast
Partly Cloudy48° / 43°
Chance of Rain52° / 36°
Chance of Snow43° / 30°
Overcast37° / 27°
Clear52° / 34°
City Council members voted Thursday to survey Fayetteville citizens on how best to use funds from a possible extension of bonds used to finance the Fayetteville Town Center.
The University of Arkansas Press will soon release a new biography titled “John McDonnell: The Most Successful Coach in NCAA History” on the legendary UA track coach.
Here’s a brief recap of what passed at Thursday night’s City Council meeting.
Three new aldermen were sworn in Thursday night during a brief ceremony held before the start of the first City Council meeting of the year.
Flyer contributor Caroline Bauman continued her series of trail reviews, with a look at a trail from the largest state park in Arkansas, Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area. Check out Pigeon Roost Trail.
Friday events, Jan. 4
There’s a blues happy hour at George’s with local favorites The Nace Brothers, and young guitar-slinger, Nathan A. starting at 6 p.m. Later on, locals Kelly Road will perform.
Speaking of blues, Earl & Them are set to perform at Smoke & Barrel Friday night.
Full Friday list:
Saturday events, Jan. 5
The last Razorback basketball game before conference season begins is Saturday night at Bud Walton Arena. The Hogs will take on Delaware St. at 7 p.m.
Later on, there’s a country show at George’s with Dustin Lynch and Back Road Anthem.
Full Saturday list:
- 4 p.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Gallery Café
- 7 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA men’s basketball vs. Delaware St.
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Mendy Johnson
- 8 p.m. Billy’s Grill: Nobody’s Darling
- 8 p.m. Rowdy Beaver Den: Dirty Roots
- 8 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Dustin Lynch / Back Road Anthem
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Left Of Center
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Pagiins
- 9 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Sock Party / Forsaken Few / Atrus
- 10 p.m. Legacy Blues Lounge: DJ Derrick D
Sunday events, Jan. 6
Friday Public Meetings
|No meetings listed|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.