City officials expect work to soon begin on the highly anticipated flyover bridge that will connect northbound College Avenue traffic to the Fulbright Expressway and shopping areas near the Northwest Arkansas Mall.
After 18 months in business, Legacy Blues held its final show Saturday night. The club’s owners on Friday announced that the restaurant has been sold.
This week’s short list of public meetings includes new aldermen orientation tours of several downtown city buildings and a meeting of the Fayetteville School Board.
Got a little one on the way? There’s a cloth diaper workshop at Terra Tots on Saturday, Feb. 2. That and more in this week’s Flyer Sponsor post.
- 5 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Opening reception: “Tectonics” by Scott Carroll
- 6 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pen
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Clint Scrivner
- 7 p.m. Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Taj
- 7 p.m. Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- 8 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: The Steel Wheels / 3 Penny Acre
|8:15 a.m.||Civil Service Commission-Driver/Operator Promotional Interviews||Fire Station 1|
|1:00 p.m.||New Aldermen Orientation Tours of Downtown City Buildings||City Hall, 3rd floor|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
Others: Actress Piper Laurie is 81, singer Steve Perry of Journey is 64, actress Diane Lane is 48, rap DJ and actor Jazzy Jeff is 48, actress Katie Finneran is 42, actor Balthazar Getty is 38 and actress Beverley Mitchell is 32.