Arkansas Music Pavilion officials on Monday requested a two-year extension of a permit that would allow the venue to hold concerts at the Washington County Fairgrounds through 2014.
City officials will celebrate the Fayetteville Television Center’s 20th anniversary on Thursday, Jan. 31. The public is invited to the event, set to begin at 4:30 p.m. inside the center at 101 W. Rock St. in downtown Fayetteville.
Fayetteville’s hotel, motel and restaurant (HMR) tax receipts saw another increase last month. A&P receipts reported in December were $208,518, a 3.2 percent increase over the same month in 2011.
American Idol star Randy Jackson appeared on the field at Razorback Stadium in the middle of the Arkansas/Kentucky game on Oct. 13 to inform former Miss Arkansas Ann Wizer Difani of her invitation to participate on the show. The scene is set to air on tonight’s episode of American Idol at 7 p.m. on Fox.
- 6 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Kindle eReader Training
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Lindsey Will
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Russ Hutchison
- 7 p.m. Nibbles Academy of Cooking: Jed Clampit
- 7:30 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist, Dr. Wesley Ferreira – Clarinet Recital
- 7 p.m. Bear’s Place: Brick Fields
- 8 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Tavern Trivia
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Rebel Outlaw Heroes
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Sum 41
|9:00 a.m.||Technical Plat Review (agenda)||City Hall, Room 326|
|3:30 p.m.||City Board of Health||City Hall, Room 326|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
Others: Actor Gene Hackman is 83, musician Phil Collins is 62, actress and comedian Brett Butler is 55, singer Jody Watley is 54, actor Christian Bale is 39, actor and comedian Andy Milonakis is 37, musician Kid Cudi is 29.