Fayetteville Mardi Gras festivities kick off on Feb. 9 with the Fat Saturday Parade, followed by a pub crawl and more reveling on Fat Tuesday Feb. 13. Here’s more, including some info on how to get involved in the fun.
The Lightbulb Club is going to test out being a non-smoking establishment beginning on Feb. 4. That’s Monday, FYI.
The Razorback basketball team fell to the Alabama Crimson Tide 56-59 in Tuscaloosa last night. BJ Young led the Hogs with 14 points in the losing effort.
Friday events, Feb. 1
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Ozark Celtic Band
- 6 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Concert: Tribute to Black American Composers
- 7 p.m. Bear’s Place: Effron White
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Dave Baer
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Keith Nicholson
- 8 p.m. UARK Bowl: Comedian Roy Haber
- 9 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: Steve Dimmitt
- 9 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Bloka
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Damn Arkansan / Dead Leaves
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Randy Rogers Band / Trampled Under Foot
Saturday Events, Feb. 2
- 10 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Playwriting Workshop with Stephen Karam
- 6 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Panel Discussion: Tribute to Black American Composers
- 3 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: T2 Artist Forum with Stephen Karam – Sons of the Prophet
- 3 p.m. Bud Walton Arena: UA men’s basketball vs. Tennessee
- 8 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Patrick Sallings
- 8 p.m. Billy’s Grill: Critter
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Strange Deranger
- 9 p.m. Rogue: The Paper Hearts / Kentucky Waterfalls
- 9 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: No Name Kicker
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Don’t Stop Please
- 9 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Diana & The Heartbeats
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Perpetual Groove
Sunday events, Feb. 3
Friday Public Meetings
|5:30 p.m.||Fayetteville Housing Authority Board||Leon Jones Jr.Law Firm|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.