A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013 at 6 p.m. in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 W. Mountain St. in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items considered during the meeting, action taken for each item, and links to downloadable PDFs for each item.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer, Rhonda Adams, Alan Long
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items
1. Dr. Martin Luther King Brotherhood Award for 2013 Presentation – Presented to Sue Butler by City Attorney Kit Williams
2. 4th Quarter Financial Report 2012 – Presented by Paul Becker, the city’s finance director
sales tax is up over 6 percent, building permits are almost double for the year,
1. Approval of the January 15, 2013 City Council meeting minutes. – Pass 8-0
2. CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. (PDF): A resolution approving a revision to an out-of-scope agreement with CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $154,550 to continue work on a Use Attainability Analysis (UAA) for the White River, maintaining the existing $50,000 contingency, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
3. Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $115,608.00 recognizing revenue from the office of National Drug Control Policy Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area. – Pass 8-0
4. McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. Amendment No. 2 (PDF): A resolution approving Amendment No. 2 to the contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. for Airport Engineering Services. – Pass 8-0
5. T-Hangar Lease Agreements (PDF): A resolution to approve T-Hangar lease agreements in 2013 and through 2014 at the current rental rate or as adjusted upward by the Airport Board for all T-Hangars rented at the Fayetteville Executive Airport. – Pass 8-0
6. Animal Shelter Donation Revenue (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $18,626 representing donation revenue to the Animal Services Division for the fourth quarter of 2012 and including a grant award from the ASPCA in the amount of $4,500 to fund the animal shelter’s transport program for 2013. – Pass 8-0
7. Old Square, Inc. (PDF): A resolution approving a two-year lease agreement with Old Square, Inc., for the annual rental amount of $9,000 to lease approximately 3,500 square feet for document storage. – Pass 8-0
8. Sales Tax Collection Information Support (PDF): A resolution stating the support of the City of Fayetteville to state statutory amendments authorizing improvements in the information provided to local governments by the State related to collections of local sales and use taxes. – Pass 8-0
1. Kum & Go, L.C. (PDF): A resolution to authorize Mayor Jordan to sell about two acres of the Tyson Factory Property on Huntsville Road for $900,000 to Kum & Go, L.C., to agree to cost share with Kum & Go roads or driveways within the Tyson Property adjoining this two acre parcel and the demolition of the factory, and to recommend rezoning this parcel to Neighborhood Commercial or other zoning district satisfactory to Kum & Go, L.C. This item was tabled at the Jan. 15 meeting. – Pass 5-3*
* Sealed offers for the former Tyson Mexican Original plant revealed that Casey’s General Store offered $1,156,000. Kum & Go offered $1,115,001 plus LEED certification. Council voted 5-3 to sell to Kum & Go. Aldermen Marsh, Adams and Long voted against.
1. Amend Section 33.361 Departments, Boards, Commissions, and Authorities (PDF): An ordinance amending Section 33.361 Composition of Chapter 33: Departments, Boards, Commissions, and Authorities of the Code of Fayetteville to change the structure of City and University appointments to the Town and Gown Advisory Committee. – Pass 8-0
2. Amend 2013 City Budget (PDF): A resolution amending the 2013 city budget by reappropriating up to $48,086,200 in bonded or ongoing capital projects, outstanding obligations and grant-funded items previously appropriated in the 2012 city budget but not completed or delivered in 2012. – Pass 8-0
3. Woolsey Aviation Inc. DBA Million Air of Fayetteville (PDF): A resolution approving the termination of the fixed-base airport operations contract with Woolsey Aviation Inc. DBA Million Air of Fayetteville, approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $1,786,452.00 for the implementation and funding of a city-operated fixed-base airport operation, and further approving the addition of 6.6 full-time equivalent employee positions in the Aviation Division for the operation. – Pass 8-0