The Arkansas men’s basketball team beat No. 2 Florida 80-69 last night in Bud Walton Arena. It was the first time the team has beaten a No. 2-ranked team in 14 years.
The second of three planned projects designed to address traffic problems in north Fayetteville began this week with a groundbreaking ceremony for the College Avenue flyover bridge.
Legislators are expected to soon discuss House Bill 1243 that would allow concealed guns on Arkansas college campuses.
If you missed City Council last night, see our brief recap of what was passed during the meeting.
The University Programs Concerts Committee is seeking band submissions for the upcoming Battle of the Bands contest on the University of Arkansas campus.
- 10:30 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Dramatic Book Club with Trike Theatre
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- 6 p.m. Bear’s Place: Brick Fields Band
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Shawn Porter
- 6 p.m. Nibbles: Jed Clampit
- 7:30 p.m. The Showcase: Wretched / Shag Harbor / Auric / Enter the Dojo
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Memphis The Musical
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Jeff Horton
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: G Love and Special Sauce / Swear and Shake
- 10 p.m. Fix Ultralounge: FIX Wednesdays w/ Dirty Allie
|10:00 a.m.||Pre-Bid Meeting: Bid 13-14, Overhead Lube System||Fleet Operations|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
» Add birthdays
Others: Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is 96, actor Rip Torn is 82, TV journalist Tom Brokaw is 73, singer Natalie Cole is 63, singer Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses is 51, singer Rick Astley is 47, singer Sean Tillman aka Har Mar Superstar is 35, actress and TV personality Alison Haislip is 32 and actress Alice Greczyn is 27.