A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013 inside room 219 of the City Administration Building, located at 113 W. Mountain St. in Fayetteville.
Listed below are the items considered during the meeting, action taken for each item, and links to downloadable PDFs for each item.
Present: Adella Gray, Sarah Marsh, Mark Kinion, Matthew Petty, Justin Tennant, Martin Schoppmeyer, Rhonda Adams, Alan Long
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items
1. City of Distinction Award – Crews and Associates
1. Approval of the Feb. 5, 2013 City Council meeting minutes. – Pass 8-0
2. Safe Routes to Schools Grant (PDF): A resolution to approve and support a grant application to the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department in the amount of $81,248 for partial funding for the Clabber Creek Trail Bridge along Salem Road as part of the Safe Routes to Schools Program. – Pass 8-0
3. Springdale Dodge (PDF): A resolution approving the purchase of one (1) 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck from Springdale Dodge in the amount of $24,200, pursuant to a state procurement contract, for use by the Police Department. – Pass 8-0
4. North Point Ford (PDF): A resolution approving the purchase of two (2) Ford F-150 pickup trucks from North Point Ford of North Little Rock in the total amount of $30,140, pursuant to a state procurement contract. – Pass 8-0
5. Riggs Cat of Springdale: (PDF): A resolution approving the purchase of four (4) Caterpillar 420F backhoe/loaders from Riggs Cat of Springdale in the total amount of $399,640, pursuant to a state procurement contract, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
6. Williams Tractor of Fayetteville (PDF): A resolution approving the purchase of five (5) Hustler Super Z mowers from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville in the total amount of $66,595, pursuant to a state procurement contract, and approving a budget adjustment. – Pass 8-0
7. Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank (PDF): A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $2,631.00 representing donation revenue to the Community Services Division Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank. – Pass 8-0
8. Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) (PDF): A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) agreement for 2013 when received in the estimated amount of $540,787. – Pass 8-0
9. McClelland Consulting Engineers – Removed from Consent (see below)
10. Meadow Valley Trail Airspace Permit (PDF): A resolution approving an airspace permit agreement with the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department for the Meadow Valley Trail. – Pass 8-0
Removed from Consent
1. McClelland Consulting Engineers (PDF): A resolution approving a professional engineering design services agreement with McClelland Consulting Engineers in the amount of $279,045.55 for the rehabilitation of the historic Maple Street and Lafayette Street bridges, and approving a budget adjustment recognizing federal grant revenue in the amount of $223,257. – Tabled*
* Tabled until next meeting to discuss and clarify semantics of contract language pertaining to the intent to preserve/restore/rehabilitate the bridges.
1. Amend Chapter 50 Garbage and Trash (PDF): An ordinance amending Sections 50.01 Definitions, 50.20 Service Requirements and 50.40 Rates for Services of Chapter 50: Garbage and Trash of the Code of Fayetteville. – Pass 8-0*
* Amended to include “sidewalk access” to the “Determining Classification of Required Service” section (50.20 Service Requirements D).