Finding an apartment in Northwest Arkansas is becoming harder, and more expensive, than it was six months ago. Apartment units are full and rents are going up, according to findings of a recent survey.
The city’s hotel, motel and restaurant (HMR) tax receipts began the new year on a positive note. A&P collections reported in January were $211,138, a 2.5 percent increase over the same month in 2012.
Local musician Shawn James is getting internet famous with his version of the John Legend song “Who Did That To You” from the Django Unchained soundtrack.
Slim Chickens has new slider sandwiches at both Fayetteville restaurants! They’re drizzled with your choice of two wing/dipping sauces. That news and more in this week’s Flyer Sponsor post.
- 8:30 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Brunch and Learn Board Training
- 3:05 p.m. Baum Stadium: UA baseball vs. New Orleans
- 6 p.m. UA Mullins Library: Libraries Film Series 2013: Satyricon
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Joe the Show
- 7:30 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Saxophone studio recital of Prof. Morris
- 7 p.m. Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.: Richard Burnett with Brad Helm
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: The Little Prince
- 7 p.m. Pesto Cafe: Jed Clampit
- 8 p.m. Rogue: Ozark Poetry Slam Presents: The Sexy Slam
|6:00 p.m.||City Council Meeting * (agenda)||City Hall, Room 219|
» View all
* Meetings scheduled to be televised by the Fayetteville Government Channel
Others: Singer Smokey Robinson is 73, guitarist Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath is 65, actor Jeff Daniels is 58, singer Seal is 50, actress Justine Bateman is 47, actor Benicio Del Toro is 46, singer Beth Ditto is 32, singer-actress Haylie Duff is 28, actress and singer Victoria Justice is 20.