5-day Weather Forecast
Ice Pellets30° / 5°
Snow21° / 1°
Mostly Cloudy25° / 18°
Mostly Cloudy28° / 0°
Fog21° / -13°
Friday Events, Aug. 16
There’s a huge show at George’s Friday night with St. Louis blues-rockers, http://kentuckyknifefight.net, along with locals Benjamin Del Shreve, Fauxnz, and Air Loom.
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Fresco’s Jazz Trio
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: The Bel Airs / Leah & The Mojo Doctors
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Alex Lewis Jazz
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Sean Kemp
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Sarah Hughes Band
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: KUAF Summer Jazz Concert: The Amina Figarova Quintet
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Irie Lions
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Foleys Van
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Dangerous Hillbillies
- 9 p.m. LIT Lounge: Fractal Sky / WET PAiNT
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Shawn James & The Shapeshifters
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: Poppy Red / Classy Nude / Moon Magnet
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Benjamin Del Shreve / Kentucky Knife Fight / Fauxnz / Air Loom
Saturday Events, Aug. 17
Saturday morning, there’s a celebration planned at the Clinton House Museum in honor of President Clinton’s 67th birthday. Admission to the museum will be free for the day, and a barbecue lunch will be served, along with President Clinton’s favorite snacks: Moon Pies, peanuts, RC Cola. There will also be music by Brick Fields.
Five bands, food, games, and more are planned for the Midtown Music Showcase at Evelyn Hills on Saturday. The fun starts at noon, and all the proceeds raised at the event benefit the Fayetteville Public Schools Outback, a local food pantry and clothing closet for students enrolled in the Fayetteville school district. Here’s the full music lineup.
Also on Saturday is the Put for Paws benefit for the Human Society of the Ozarks at Gator Golf. Here’s more info about that.
It’s going to be a gorgeous night for an outdoor show, and there’s a big one at the AMP with country stars Easton Corbin, Tyler Farr, and locals Backroad Anthem.
Kingfish also has an outdoor show with Damn Arkansan and The Too’s. Admission is free.
There’s another big show at The Lightbulb Club as well on Saturday with New Science Projects, Circle Curse, and Llinda. Admission is $5, and it’s an 18 and up show.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 8:30 a.m. Clinton House Museum: President Clinton’s 67th birthday celebration
- 12 p.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Midtown Music Showcase
- 2 p.m. The Perk: Open Irish Music Session
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Effron White
- 7:30 p.m. The AMP: Easton Corbin / Tyler Farr / Backroad Anthem
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s: Vikki Cunningham
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Another Fine Mess
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Air Loom
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Bottlerocket
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Damn Arkansan / The Too’s
- $5 Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Flipoff Pirates
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: New Science Projects / Circle Curse / Llinda
- 9 p.m. The Phoenix: “Express Yourself” Summer Dance Party
- 10 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Backroad Anthem
Sunday Events, Aug. 18
Razorback Fan Day is scheduled from 2-4 p.m. inside Bud Walton Arena. Fans will have an opportunity to meet Razorback student-athletes as well as new head football coach Bret Bielema, get autographs, etc. Admission is free.
Fayetteville native Joseph Israel is back in town to celebrate the release of his new album, Kingdom Road, Sunday night at George’s. Tickets are $10.
There’s also a show at the AMP with alternative rockers Three Days Grace, Hinder and Otherwise.
- 11 a.m. Common Grounds: Sarah Hughes
- 11 a.m. Greenhouse Grille: Clarke Buehling
- 1 p.m. Terra Studios: Emily Kaitz
- 2 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Author Nancy Hartney Reading and Book Signing
- 6 p.m. Mojito’s Mexican Grill: Effron White
- 7:30 p.m. The AMP: Three Days Grace / Hinder / Otherwise
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Joseph Israel
Friday Public Meetings
|9 a.m.||Fayetteville Forward Economic Accountability Council *||City Hall, Room 326|
|10 a.m.||Pre-Bid Meeting: Bid 13-48, Construction -
2013 Tree Planting Project
|City Hall, Room 111|
|2 p.m.||RFP 13-11, Access Control & Security System||City Hall, Room 306|
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.