4-day Weather Forecast[forecast location=”72701″ caption=”” measurement=’F’ todaylabel=”Today” datelabel=”%%weekday%%” highlow=’%%high%%° / %%low%%°’ numdays=”4″ iconset=”Incredible” class=”css_table_class” cache=”true” width=”100%”]
Friday events, Jan. 31
Fayetteville band Shawn James & The Shapeshifters will perform at Smoke & Barrel Friday night with Illinois band, County Graves. James just released the final installment in his three-album Shapeshifter trilogy. Here’s more info about that.
La La Land has a local show with Teenagers and High Lonesome Friday night. Stephen Steinbrink, who was originally on the bill, has cancelled due to health issues.
Whiskey swilling gypsy punk grumble boogie band Dirtfoot will return to George’s Friday night. Tickets are $10.
- 8:30 a.m. UA Global Campus: NWA TechFest 2014
- 6 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Fresco Jazz Trio
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Block Street Hot Club
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Full House / Strange Derangers
- 6:30 p.m. Nightbird Books: Tom Franklin & Beth Ann Fennelly discuss The Tilted World
- 6:30 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Black Music Symposium
- 7 p.m. The Wine Cellar: Live Jazz– Hand-Made Moments
- 7 p.m. Barnhill Arena: UA gymnastics vs. Auburn
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Still Awake Still
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Reeves Brothers
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: JAB
- 8 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Arkansauce
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Dirtfoot
- 9 p.m. The Lightbulb Club: Swampbird / WB Givens / The Kid Carsons
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Shawn James / County Graves
- 10 p.m. LaLaLand:
Stephen Steinbrink/ Teenagers / High Lonesome
Saturday events, Feb. 1
Tolkien fans, freak out. There are two performances of One Man Lord of the Rings scheduled at Walton Arts Center on Saturday. It’s by the same actor that did One Man Star Wars Trilogy not too long ago. Details.
There’s also a big jazz show in Starr Theatre at the Walton Arts Center Friday night with Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio.
Local instrumental band Yokohama Drifters and Rogers-based Delta King Soybeans are at The Stolen Glass on Saturday. Delta King Soybeans describe themselves as “the sound of a shine-fueled fish fry” on their Reverb Nation page.
- 10:30 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Bridge to Terabithia Showcase with Arts Live Theatre
- 1:30 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Black Music Symposium Honor Choir with Guest Conductor Dr. Carl Hayward
- 4 p.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Artist reception for Jason Estes
- 4 p.m. Walton Arts Center: One Man Lord of the Rings
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Matt Smith Jazz
- 7 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Yokohama Drifters / Delta King Soybeans
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The Crumbs
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox & the Man on the Wall
- 8 p.m. Walton Arts Center: One Man Lord of the Rings
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Mixx Tenn
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Reckless Kelly
- 9 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio
Sunday events, Feb. 2
Air Loom returns to Maxine’s this weekend for their Sunday Night Service. The show starts at 7 p.m., and admission is zero dollars.
Friday Public Meetings
|2 p.m.||Deadline: RFQ 14-04, Transportation Master Plan||City Hall, Room 306|
Sandy Tedder, Chuck Carlson, Christopher Allen, Cristina Richards, Sarah Malloy, Lisa Rotenberry, Susan DeVorak, Michelle Hanby, Haley Whoo, Heather King, EJ Johnson, Mike Davis, Laura Whitfield, Kristine Presley, Jack Carroll, Nehia Rose, Debbie Stephens, Gabrielle Idlet, Aaron Randall, Brad Sheppard, Jennifer Neill, Chrystee McCabe, Barbara Erp, Brittany Sullivan, Jacinda Richardson, Brian St. Clare, Nate Hancock, Scott Seaman, and Chris Bias
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.