Walt Beazley, UA Athletics
Students in Fayetteville returned to school today after starting the week with three straight snow days.
City Council members last night rezoned two tracts of land included in the Wedington Corridor Plan. Here’s the full recap.
A new show adapted from the classic television series I Love Lucy is at the Walton Arts Center this week. Here’s our review.
Comedian, writer, and talk show host Pete Holmes was scheduled to perform in Fayetteville next week, but that event was canceled yesterday.
This month’s Speak for Yourself storytelling open mic at Maxine’s Tap Room will focus on stories of compassion as organizers honor February as The Month of Compassion in Fayetteville.
Arkansas basketball newcomer Bobby Portis scored 35 points in the Hogs’ win over Alabama last night. Portis set the school record for most points in a game by a freshman, breaking Scotty Thurman’s 34-point performance in the 1992-93 season.
- 2 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: Art Talk | Coca-Cola Speaks on Coca-Cola
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- 7 p.m. Nightbird Books: Rilla Askew and Timothy O’Grady Reading
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: I Love Lucy Live on Stage
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Throwdown Thursday
- 8:30 p.m. Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Guest Artist: Cole Burger, piano
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: That 1 Guy / Strangelandic
|2 p.m.||Bid Opening: Bid 14-15, Service Body Truck with Crane||City Hall, Room 326|
|4:30 p.m.||Planning Agenda Session and Tour *||City Hall, Room 111|
|6 p.m.||Partners for Better Housing||City Hall, Room 111|
» Add birthdays
Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is 97, actor Rip Torn is 83, singer Natalie Cole is 64, actor-director Robert Townsend is 57, actor Barry Miller is 56, actress Megan Gallagher is 54, country singer Richie McDonald of Lonestar is 52, singer Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses is 52, singer Rick Astley is 48 and bassist Tim Brown of the Boo Radleys is 45.