Partly Cloudy84° / 59°
Partly Cloudy79° / 61°
Thunderstorm68° / 57°
Partly Cloudy79° / 57°
City officials last week closed on a deal to buy 328 acres of woodland tucked away on Mount Kessler.
Also last week, a celebration marked the start of a $4.6 million construction project on Van Asche Drive.
For those who missed last night’s City Council meeting, here’s a brief recap.
The lineup at the AMP this year started with a country flavor, but added an infusion of classic rock this week.
Here’s our review of The Wizard of Oz, which opened Tuesday night at the Walton Arts Center.
Lambeth Lounge inside Ella’s Restaurant just debuted a new Wine Wednesday.
Get the Z Dip at Z’s Pizza, and have your tastebuds do cartwheels all over the place (it’s magical).
The Arkansas softball team scored six runs in the first inning on its way to a 9-0 win over Missouri State on Tuesday.
The Razorback baseball team began a stretch of five games in five days with a 4-3 victory over Nebraska last night.
- 1:35 p.m. Baum Stadium: Arkansas baseball vs. Nebraska
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Jeff Fox
- 6 p.m. Bear’s Place: Wednesday night Blues Therapy Sessions
- 6:30 p.m. Arsaga’s at The Depot: Live jazz w/ Adams Collins, Johnny Arredondo and friends
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: The Wizard of Oz
- 7 p.m. Nibbles: Jed Clampit
- 10 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Shawn James & The Shapeshifters / Ghost Hollers
» Add birthdays
Others: Singer Leon Russell is 72, singer Emmylou Harris is 67, actress Pamela Reed is 65, drummer Dave Robinson of The Cars is 61, country singer Billy Dean is 52, guitarist Greg Camp of Smash Mouth is 47, guitarist Tony Fredianelli of Third Eye Blind is 45, actor Adam Rodriguez is 39, keyboardist Jesse Carmichael of Maroon 5 is 35, actress Bethany Joy Galeotti is 33 and singer Lee Dewyze is 28.