Partly Cloudy48° / 43°
Chance of Rain54° / 36°
Mostly Cloudy45° / 32°
Chance of Snow37° / 27°
Friday events, June 13
There’s a movie party at the Wilson Park Pool Friday night. Monsters University will be shown on a big screen at the pool as part of the city’s Dive-In Movie series at the park. The show starts at dark.
TheatreSquared’s newly expanded Arkansas New Play Festival is in town this weekend, with several performances scheduled at Nadine Baum Studios. Here’s more info about that.
Also this weekend is Walton Arts Center’s annual Art of Wine festival. It’s a huge fundraiser for the arts center, plus, it’s a wine festival. Awesome, right? Here’s a link with more info.
St. Louis rock band Clockwork is at Smoke & Barrel, and there’s an 80’s tribute band called Members only at George’s.
- 6 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: New Play Festival – Just Like Us
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Ultra Suede / Strange Derangers
- 6:30 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Barrett Baber Band
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Whiskey Neverland
- 7 p.m. Wilson Park: Dive-In Movie: Monsters University
- 7 p.m. Club Push: NWA Pride Pageant Show
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Jamie Wolfe
- 7 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Art of Wine – Friday Night Tasting
- 7:30 p.m. Billy’s Bar & Grill: The Revolutioners / Mississippi Dirt / Day After Mourning
- 7:30 p.m. Wasabi: Candy Lee
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Dave Bright
- 8 p.m. The Stolen Glass: Cody Jinks
- 8 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: New Play Festival – Disfarmer
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Fifty Nine South
- 9 p.m. Kingfish: Keith Nicholson Band
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Clockwork
- 9 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: Justin Leflar
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Mulehead / King Eddie / Rough Stax
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Members Only (80s tribute)
Saturday events, June 14
It’s looking like it’s going to be a beautiful day for the Fayetteville Farmers’ Market Saturday morning on the square. Farmer and The Markets are playing at Jammin’ Java this week. We published an interview with the band on Thursday.
Also Saturday morning, the Meet your Trails Tour we wrote about earlier this week is taking place on Mount Sequoyah. Here are some details.
The 2014 NWA Pride Parade will take place Saturday, June 14 in downtown Fayetteville. The parade is set to begin at 10 a.m., and will march along Dickson Street before gathering in the Walton Arts Center parking lot for a brief rally.
Music-wise, local indie bands High Lonesome and Brothel Sprouts are at new DIY-venue, Backspace, located at 541 W. Meadow St.
Dallas band Foxtrot Uniform (featuring members of Polyphonic Spree) is at Smoke & Barrel, Kingfish has locals Cutty Rye, and Resin Hands, Pagiins, and Dr. Nod are at The Lightbulb Club.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 9 a.m. Mt. Sequoyah: “Meet Your Trails” Tour
- 9 a.m. Jammin’ Java: Farmer and The Markets
- 10 a.m. Dickson Street: June Pride 2014: Pride Parade
- 10:30 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Charlotte’s Web with Arts Live Theatre
- 11 a.m. Wilson Park: Pride Festival & Picnic
- 2 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Free beer-making workshop
- 4 p.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Art Reception – Casey McClendon
- 4 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: New Play Festival – What God Hath Wrought
- 6 p.m. Walton Arts Center: Art of Wine – Premiere Tasting
- 6:30 p.m. Nightbird Books: Stephen Koch Booksigning, Reading, & Music
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Matt Smith Trio
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Strange Derangers
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Tommy Nolen
- 7:30 p.m. Wasabi: Anna Horton
- 8 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: New Play Festival – B Side: Myself
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Into the Light
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Copelin Bates
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Foxtrot Uniform
- 9 p.m. Kingfish: Cutty Rye
- 9 p.m. Club Push: June Pride 2014: White Party
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Dr. Nod / Resin Hands / Pagiins
- 9 p.m. Backspace: Noun/Verb/Adjective / High Lonesome / Brothel Sprouts
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Kelly Road
Sunday events, June 15
For a Sunday night, there’s a ton going on this weekend in Fayetteville.
The popular Speak for Yourself storytelling open mic is back at Maxine’s Tap Room for Sunday Service. This month’s show has a Father’s Day theme.
George’s has a big show Sunday night with locals Smokey & The Mirror and Fayetteville Roots Festival veteran, John Elliot.
Also Sunday night, the Arkansas New Play Festival will conclude with the annual 24-Hour Play Off. The performance will feature teams of creatives who concept, write, and perform a short play all in the span of 24 hours. It starts at 6 p.m. at Nadine Baum Studios.
- 11 a.m. Emelia’s Kitchen: Emelia’s Jazz Brunch
- 1 p.m. Terra Studios: King Boleta
- 2 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Summer Music Series w/ Got it Covered
- 2 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: New Play Festival – B Side: Myself
- 6 p.m. Nadine Baum Studios: 24-Hour Play Off
- 6:30 p.m. Nightbird Books: HOWL
- 7 p.m. Maxine’s Tap Room: Speak for Yourself: Father’s Day
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Teddy Sablon
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Video Ranger / Kudzu / Gandhi’s Ballsack
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Smokey & The Mirror / John Elliot
Friday Public Meetings
Archibald Schaffer, Charles Maddox, Cody Yan’sa Wright, Steve Hennigan, Kristin Schratz Sexton, Brittany Brosh-Adair, Jessica Davis, Kathryn Sky Blaylock, Stephanie Freedle, Bryan Gott, Evan McDonald, Stacy Mackey Kimbrough, Eric Longer, Emily Wrotny, Jerry Norris, Dave Lawson, Jim Mears, Anna Huynh, Jen White, Cynthia Cook Maldonado, Michael Odom, Caitlin Howle, Amy Alderson, Angie Johnson, Martha Ritchie, Paige Wade
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.