Partly Cloudy52° / 30°
Partly Cloudy57° / 45°
Chance of a Thunderstorm64° / 52°
Rain59° / 41°
A new rule that goes into effect next month will allow liquor stores, grocery stores or any other business with a retail beer permit to fill growlers with fresh beer from a keg.
Mike Emery is so far the only resident to step forward with plans to replace departing Ward 4 Alderwoman Rhonda Adams, entering the City Council race in the Nov. 4 general election.
A new theatre company will present a free outdoor performance of a Shakespeare classic at Gulley Park later this month.
This weekend’s scheduled performances by comedian Ron White and songwriter Margo Rey have been consolidated and moved from the Walton Arts Center to the Arkansas Music Pavilion.
From our sponsors
Karas Urgent Care has some great tips to keep you from turning into a lobster at the beach this summer.
Smoke & Barrel Tavern hosts Evansville, Ind.-based folk rock band Osiella tonight at 9 p.m.
Apple Blossom Brewing Co. is working on a smoked malt collaboration beer with Tanglewood Branch Beer Co.
Arkansas men’s basketball sophomore forward Bobby Portis is one of 10 college players to be invited to the Nike Elite Youth Basketball (EYBL) Big Man Skills Academy on June 23-25 in Union, N.J.
The UA women’s basketball team will face Oklahoma in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge this fall. The opponents will rotate with Arkansas facing Texas next year.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 7 a.m. Paradise Valley Golf & Athletic Club: Fraternal Order of Police golf tournament
- 2 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Free Flix Presents: Alien Invasion Film Fest
- 6 p.m. Ozark Natural Foods: Vegetarian Proteins Class
- 6 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Mike & Grady
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Russ Hutchison
- 7 p.m. Speakeasy: Comedy open mic night
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Uncrowned Kings
- 7:30 p.m. Powerhouse Seafood: Backroad Anthem
- 7:30 p.m. Wasabi: Sarah Hughes
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Guta
- 8 p.m. Kingfish: Old Ties
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Osiella
- 9 p.m. 21st Amendment: Rooftop Revival
- 10 p.m. Club Push: The Beat
|4:30 p.m.||Planning Agenda Session and Tour *||City Hall, Room 111|
|5:30 p.m.||Telecommunications Board *||City Hall, Room 326|
|6:30 p.m.||Southeast Fayetteville Community Center||Yvonne Richardson Center|
» Add birthdays
Others: Actress Phylicia Rashad is 66, singer Ann Wilson of Heart is 64, actress Kathleen Turner is 60, singer-dancer-choreographer Paula Abdul is 52, actress Robin Tunney is 42, singer-banjoist Scott Avett of The Avett Brothers is 38 and actor Atticus Shaffer is 16.