Clear48° / 27°
Clear59° / 46°
Partly Cloudy64° / 52°
Chance of Rain66° / 30°
Friday events, Aug. 8
It’s not every day that funky local supergroup the Flipoff Pirates get back together for a show. It’s happening this weekend, however. They’ll be at Smoke & Barrel Tavern Friday night.
- 8 p.m. Gulley Park: La Leche League: Live, Love, Latch!
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Jimmy Thackery & The Drivers with Earl Cate / The Boss Tweeds
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Matt Smith Jazz
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Lindsay Will
- 8 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Jack Martin Trio
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Mr. Blue
- 7:30 p.m. Arts Center of the Ozarks: An Evening with the Coverlets
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Fuggins Wheat Band
- 8 p.m. Wine Cellar: Alex Lewis Jazz
- 8:30 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: Ozarkumentaries outdoor short film festival
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Dead Strangs
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Flipoff Pirates
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Divorce Horse / Junk Machine / Fucktards
- 9 p.m. Kingfish: David Bright Band
- 10 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Whiskey Neverland / I Do Declare
Saturday events, Aug. 9
Local country rockers Charliehorse are reuniting for a one-night only show at Kingfish on Saturday night.
There’s also a huge show at Smoke & Barrel, with locals Shawn James and the Shapeshifters celebrating their return home from tour. Florida band Kiel Grove, Kansas City band County Graves, and locals Dumptruck Boyz are also on the bill.
How about a rock show? Local punk band Rat Brats are at Nightbird Books Friday night with Seattle experimental band Iji and instrumental band Marvelous Good Fortune. Admission is $5.
Little Rock band Bombay Harambee is back at The Lightbulb Club with locals Ten High and Fort Smith group, The Domestic. There’s a $5 cover on this one as well.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 9 a.m. Jammin’ Java: Gary Kilpatrick
- 9:30 a.m. Holiday Inn Springdale: Diabetes Expo
- 10:30 a.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Shaky Bugs with Jules Taylor
- 6 p.m. 21c Museum Hotel: Potlikker Film Fest
- 6 p.m. Backspace: Clothing Swap
- 6:30 p.m. Walmart Museum: Play it Forward Concert Series
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Trey O’dell
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Hook, Line, & Sinker
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Left of Center
- 8 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: KUAF Summer Jazz Concert
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: The Strayz
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Mrs. Roper’s Pool Boys
- 9 p.m. Nightbird Books: Iji / Marvelous Good Fortune / Rat Brats
- 9 p.m. Kingfish: Charliehorse Reunion
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Randall Conrad / Shawn James / Kiel Grove / Dumptruck Boyz / County Graves
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Bombay Harambee / The Domestic / Ten High
- 10 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Yokohama Drifters
Sunday events, Aug. 10
You’ve heard about the new live radio show Sunday Service at Maxine’s, right? Well, there’s a taping this week, and you might make it on the air. It’s a storytelling open mic, anyone can participate, and this week’s show has a food theme. As always, there’s no cover.
There’s music at George’s Sunday night as well, with excellent locals Basement Brew and Dana Louise.
- 9 a.m. Jefferson Center: Sunday Farmers’ Market
- 11 a.m. Emelia’s Kitchen: Live jazz
- 1 p.m. Terra Studios: Peter Lippincott
- 1 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: Walker Landing Arts
- 2 p.m. Fayetteville Public Library: Local Author C.S. Hart
- 7 p.m. Maxine’s Tap Room: Speak For Yourself: Food
- 7 p.m. Fayetteville Square: Hiroshima Nagasaki Rembrance
- 8:30 p.m. Dickson Street Pub: Candy Lee
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Basement Brew and Dana Louise
Friday Public Meetings
|2 p.m.||Bid Opening: 14-48, Bulk Envelopes||City Hall, Room 326|
Saturday: Stephanie Hill Link, Amy White, Deshanon Burley, Johnna Cornett, Troy Ashby, Kimberly Hodoway, Tim Burton, Ryan Hodson and Brooks Robinson.
Sunday: Brenda Boudreaux, Sam Clay, Ripunited Jennifer, Sean Bruce, Quan Carr, Hilary Peterson, Aaron Tomlinson, Alicia Underwood, Suzannah Schreckhise and Jen Cole.
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.