Thunderstorm72° / 46°
Clear77° / 54°
Clear82° / 54°
Partly Cloudy79° / 57°
Friday events, Aug. 15
Courtesy, Trout Fishing in America Facebook page
Local legends from Trout Fishing in America will perform a rare happy hour set in Fayetteville at George’s on Friday night. Guitarist Ezra Idlet’s daughter, popular local songwriter Dana Louise, will also join the band on stage for a portion of the show. Should be a good one. Also, The Odds will also perform a happy hour set. Later on, locals Foley’s Van will perform a late-night set.
Memphis blues-rockers, The Soul Thieves are in town for a show at Smoke & Barrel Saturday night, and there’s an outdoor show at Kingfish featuring Little Rock band Big Ginsburg and locals Comfortable Brothers.
Also Friday night, classic rockers Boston are set to perform in Rogers at The Arkansas Music Pavilion.
- 6 p.m. Greenhouse Grille: Alex Lewis Trio
- 6 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: Joe Sparks on HDR photography
- 6 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Trout Fishing in America / The Odds
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: James JJ Taylor
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Red Ambition
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Anthony Ball Jazz Group
- 7:30 p.m. Kingfish: Big Ginsburg / Comfortable Brother
- 7:30 p.m. The AMP: Boston
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: BottleRocket
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Foley’s Van
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: The Soul Thieves
- 10 p.m. Ryleigh’s: The Ghoul Goes West / Flight Machine
Saturday events, Aug. 16
Local bluegrassers Cutty Rye are set to play a set or two at Smoke & Barrel Tavern Saturday night.
Also, local rockers Grim Creeper and The Chads will be at The Lightbulb Club, with Brian Abel’ experimental multi-cassette tape project, Tele-byte Ctrl.
If a dance-y party band is more suiting to your Saturday night mood, locals Shocolate (formerly White Shocolate) are at Ryleigh’s, and there’s an 80s hair band tribute called Hot Lix at George’s.
- 7 a.m. Fayetteville Square: Farmers’ Market
- 9 a.m. Jammin’ Java: Mike Bewley
- 11 a.m. Common Grounds: Zamarath
- 1 p.m. Crystal Bridges Museum: Art Talk | Florine Stettheimer
- 6 p.m. On the Mark: Scott Young
- 6:30 p.m. Walmart Museum: Play it Forward Concert Series: RJ Mischo
- 7 p.m. Fresco Cafe & Pub: Matt Smith Trio
- 7 p.m. Foghorn’s on Green Acres: Jed Clampit
- 7 p.m. Jose’s: Another Fine Mess
- 7 p.m. Jose’s Southwest Grill: Milburn
- 8 p.m. Ryleigh’s: Shockolate
- 8:30 p.m. JJ’s Grill: Callie McRae
- 9 p.m. Kingfish: Sound Shapers
- 9 p.m. Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cutty Rye
- 9 p.m. JR’s Lightbulb Club: Grim Creeper / Tele-byte Ctrl / The Chads
- 9 p.m. George’s Majestic Lounge: Hot Lix
Sunday events, Aug. 17
Have you checked out Maxine’s Tap Room’s new Sunday Night Service live-radio show tapings yet? This week is an installment of their popular game show, Whosie Whatsit. It starts at 7 p.m., and as always, there’s no cover.
- 9 a.m. Arsaga’s at The Depot: Candy Lee
- 9 a.m. Jefferson Center: Sunday Farmers’ Market
- 11 a.m. Emelia’s Kitchen: Live jazz
- 1 p.m. Terra Studios: Bobby Smith
- 2 p.m. The Perk: Open Irish Session
- 6:30 p.m. Nightbird Books: HOWL
- 7 p.m. Maxine’s Tap Room: Whosie Whatsit
- 8 p.m. Mojo’s Pints & Pies: Teddy Sablon
Friday Public Meetings
|9 a.m.||Fayetteville Forward Economic Accountability Council *||City Hall, Room 326|
Saturday: Anna Thomas, Olivia Carr, Amy Clark, Deana Dickey, Dominic Swanfeld, Melissa King, Krisha Wilson, John Pierce, Preston Brassfield, Sarah Diebold, Tyler Wilson and Melodye Van Volkinburg.
Sunday: Mark Landry, Courtney White, Erika Wilhite, Brittni Wiles, Shannon Lamont-Weeman, Blake Cooper, Brandon Marcello, Angie Webber Graves, K.C. Pummill, Jerod-Deirdre Edwards, Rachel Underdown, Erin West and Donna Walker.
*Send us your birthday shout-outs.