This contest has ended
Since they played Clunk Music Hall for the first time nearly 10 years ago, Lucero have made their way through the larger venues in town, and have finally graduated to Fayetteville’s biggest stage.
They are about a month away from releasing their new record and first major label release “1372 Overton Park.” Those of us who have heard the 6 songs you get when you pre-order the album are freaking out about it. Prediction: Lucero is about to blow the eff up.
On Sept. 12, they’ll be at The Amp with another band who has paid their dues in town, Cross Canadian Ragweed. CCR has been playing for 15 years now, and Fayetteville has been a regular stop for them for a long time as well.
Cross Canadian Ragweed is also about to release a new record, “Happiness and All the Other Things,” expected to be in stores this Tuesday. We caught up with them back in January a few months before they began recording. Also, those dudes love Fayetteville.
The show at the AMP is one of only three shows CCR and Lucero will be playing together in Arkansas and Missouri over the next few weeks, and guess who has five pairs of tickets to give away to the Fayetteville show?
We’re not sure!
Psyche, it’s us.
What you’ll win: If you’re one of five randomly chosen lucky winners, you’ll get a pair of tickets to the Saturday, September 12th Lucero and Cross Canadian Ragweed show at the Arkansas Music Pavilion.
How to enter: Both CCR and Lucero have written a ton of great songs over the years. Leave a comment with your favorite, and you are entered. If you aren’t familiar with Lucero or CCR, but you’d still like to go to the show, just say so, and you’ll be entered.
A few rules (read ‘em carefully):
1. You may only enter this specific contest once. If you enter this contest more than once you’ll be disqualified.
2. This contest is open to anyone anywhere except Fayetteville Flyer writers, Arkansas Music Pavilion employees and their immediate family members.
3. Contest is open until 10:00pm CST Monday night, August 31st, 2009.
4. Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address when filling out the comment form since that’s how we’ll contact you if you’ve won.
5. You’ll have to provide us with your first and last name, and mailing address if you win. Then, we’ll give your name to the AMP staff, and your tickets will be held at will under your name. Be prepared to show an ID.
Thanks to the Arkansas Music Pavilion for sponsoring this contest.