A discussion on the economic impact of a brand new Fayetteville High School is scheduled for this Thursday, September 3 from 5:30 to 6:30pm inside the East Square Plaza lobby on the downtown Fayetteville square.
For those unfamiliar, East Square Plaza is the former Bank of America building located directly on the Square at 1 East Center Street.
From the official release:
Get the facts about the economic impact of the new Fayetteville High School on our community, in terms of real estate values, economic development initiatives, recruiting and retaining a workforce, and developing a strategic educational niche for Fayetteville!
Panelists for the event include:
- Linda Auman, chief academic officer, Fayetteville Public Schools
- Lee Ann Kizzar, Washington County Assessor
- Dr. Lisa Morstad, chief financial officer, Fayetteville Public Schools
- Dr. Kathy Deck, director, UA Center for Business and Economic Research
- Don Marr, chief of staff, City of Fayetteville
- Karon Reese, executive broker, Bassett Mix Realtors
The event is the second panel to be announced for Thursday evening. As reported earlier this week, The Sierra Club’s Ozark Headwaters Group will also host a discussion on the environmental opportunities of a new FHS.