It’s Thursday, September 17 and you know what that means, right? In exactly one week, Fayetteville will be flooded with with hog fans and I’m not talking about the Razorbacks.
Yes, next week is Bikes Blues & Barbeque and no matter how you feel about it, you’ve gotta deal with it in one way or another. It’s a part of life in Fayetteville, it’s a part of life on Dickson Street and it’s loud as hell.
Personally, I kinda like it. I enjoy walking around (once) and people watching. I like seeing Dickson Street full of folks from all over the country. I’m not a crazy barbecue fan nor am I all that into motorcycles but there’s just something about the crowd that BBBBBBBBBQ brings in that makes me smile. According to our poll here on the Flyer, I am in the minority. But that’s OK. None of my friends like it either. Whatevs.
As always, Opal Fly rules Thursday nights at Smoke & Barrel.
Want that country instead? Ok, fine. Ben Coulter is at Foghorn’s on College.
- Foghorn’s on College: Ben Coulter
- Railhead Saloon: Guta
- Nadine Baum Studios: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare 7:30pm
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Matt Noble
- George’s: Disco Biscuits, Two Fresh
- Gypsy on College: Hawkzilla
- Pesto Cafe: Sarah Hughes
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Opal Fly & The Swatters
- Teatro Scarpino: Kahula Gypsy Band
- Jose’s: Big Bad Bubba
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Tiffany Christopher
- Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: Fierce Laughter: Why Satire is Good for You 7pm
Disco Biscuits photo by Joe Vala