I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, dogs are more awesome than ninjas, swords, bacon, helicopters, burritos, and wizards; combined. It’s a fact.
Dogs do not care that you forgot to put on deodorant today, or that your shirt is stupid. They are hilarious. They freaking love you. They just want to lick your face.
The Fayetteville Flyer officially supports all dogs of every shape, size or color for all time. Unless they are from Georgia. Those dogs suck.
Tonight, you can show your support of dogs, plus check out some fashions, and shake your ass to the music of Lindsay Lohan’s ex-girlfriend by checking out Strut for A Mutt at Savor. DJ Shortfuze, DJ EQ and Samantha Ronson will be spinning records, and all of the proceeds from the event go to Spay Arkansas, and the Fayetteville Animal Shelter. Dogs!
In non-dog related weekend activities, there are plenty of options this weekend as well.
Also, The Flipoff Pirates are at the Smoke and Barrel tonight. According to Jeff Kearney, they’ve got some sweet new material to show off.
It’s also the last weekend to see TheatreSquared’s “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.”
Tomorrow, Fayetteville will be crowded.
You’ve only got a couple of more months to enjoy one of the best things about Fayetteville: the Farmers’ Market.
The Razorbacks are back in action after a week off and they, along with about 70,000 of their closest friends, will be over at Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday for the first Fayetteville home game of the year against the Georgia Bulldogs. The Razorbacks will be winning.
As for music tomorrow night, The Al Gibson Trio featuring Walter Savage and Claudia Burson will be at Soul for the Saturday Night Jazz Happy Hour from 9pm til midnight.
Also, there’s Boombox at George’s and a handful of DJs at Smoke & Barrel.
Sunday, “Howl,” a women’s open mic night is scheduled at Nightbird Books at 6:30, and another really good show at George’s with Old Crow Medicine Show, Felice Brothers, Chuck Mead of BR549, and the Zack Bramhall Band.
I saw Old Crow Medicine Show a few years ago at Dave’s on Dickson with Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, and they were freaking awesome.
That’s a lot of party for one weekend. What are you guys gonna do?
- Friday, September 18
- On The Rocks: Guta
- Nadine Baum Studios: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare 7:30pm
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Apt. 5, Stacy & Micey
- George’s: Full House, Boombox, Nate Hancock
- Gypsy on College: Punk Rock Prom w/ The Scandals, Warcola, The Fucktards, Genome Chomsky, The Pullout Method
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Sarah Hughes
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Flipoff Pirates
- Teatro Scarpino: Adele & The Matts
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Comedy Improv
- Walton Arts Center: Little Big Town w/ The Lost Trailers
- Savor: Strut for a Mutt 7pm
- Jammin’ Java: Tiffany Christopher
- The Perk: Open mic night
- Pig-N-Whistle: Randall Shreve & The Sideshow
- Saturday, September 19
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Jeff Graham
- George’s: Boombox
- Soul: Al Gibson Trio
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Comedy Improv
- Nadine Baum Studios: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare 2pm, 7:30pm
- Jammin’ Java: Tiffany Christopher 9:30am
- Louie’s Bar & Grill: Darren Ray
- Reynolds Razorback Stadium: Arkansas vs. Georgia
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: DJ Night: EQ, Shortfuse, and Robe Flax
- Sunday, September 20
- George’s: Old Crow Medicine Show, Felice Brothers, Chuck Mead of BR549, Zach Bramhall Band
- Nightbird Books: Howl – Women’s Open Mic 6:30pm
- Pesto Cafe: Shannon Wurst
- Nadine Baum Studios: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare 2pm
- Common Grounds: Tiffany Christopher 11am
- Jose’s: Pope County Bootleggers
- Fez Hookah Lounge: Jovan Arellano
- Jose’s: Isayah Warford, Kory Montgomery & Friends
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: The Crumbs