With yesterday being so light on live music options, those who need some tunes in their life might be relieved to know that things are back to normal this evening.
Kahula Gypsy Band is at Smoke & Barrel Tavern. The three-year-old group incorporate elements of Eastern European folk music, Spanish Flamenco, and Arabic song. What does that sound like? Visit their MySpace page and see (hear) or scroll down to the embedded YouTube video (see and hear) of their performance on Front Row.
Don’t forget about the Scull Creek Trail clean up at 3:00 pm today. Wear some boots and the City will provide trash bags and gloves. Gotta get things looking good for the Chili Pepper Festival this weekend, y’know?
The full list:
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Jovan Arellano
- Greenhouse Grille: Tiffany Christopher
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Singer/songwriter circle
- George’s: Shingdig Shop Reunion
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Kahula Gypsy Band
- Walton Arts Center: Modern Master Class with Luna Negra 6:30pm
- Ella’s: Jazz on the Hill
- Jose’s: Karaoke
- Modern Cafe: Bluegrass Jam
- US Pizza Co: Bill Justice
- Teatro Scarpino: Snake Eye & the Bug Band
- Arkansas Union: Poetry Slam w/ Sean Conlon (RZ’s Coffeehouse)
- UA Greek Theater: Apartment 5 6 pm