Fayetteville is kind of on a roll lately. The next three days are packed with some of the most random/awesome things ever to be assembled in one weekend of activities. It’s awesome.
Tonight, wanna see some live theatre? Ceramic Cow Productions will be performing a brand new original Halloween Show at the UARK Bowl. It’s called Radio Dazed: Dracula -vs- Old Man Winter, and it’s supposed to be hilarious. It’s written by Mark Landon Smith.
Riverdance is at the Walton Arts Center with farewell performances tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. There are still a few tickets available.
Want sports? Preview the Arkansas men’s and women’s basketball teams tonight at Bud Walton Arena at the annual Red/White Game. Best part? Admission is free.
If you’re feeling music-y, there are also some excellent options for live tunes tonight.
Charliehorse will be at the Boom Boom Room. They’re awesome.
If you’re looking to get famous, there are a couple of chances for that this weekend, too. You could head over to Nightbird Books tonight after work where C-SPAN will be filming the “Judging Bush” reading for Book-TV.
Tomorrow, you could audition to become the next reality star at Grub’s, where MTV will be casting for Real World 24.
The Razorbacks will be in action at 11:21 am Saturday morning in Oxford, Miss. The game will be televised by the SEC Network and we’re taking on some guy named Nutt. That name sounds familiar.
Tomorrow night, you could also drive out to Prairie Grove for The Haunted Battlefield Tour at Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park beginning at 7:00 pm. Northwest Arkansas Ghost Seekers will hold their annual ghost hunt raffle. Winners get to return to the park on Halloween for a ghost hunt! Other paranormal groups from the area also will be on hand. Tickets are $2 for adults and $1 for children, and raffle tickets are $1 each. All proceeds benefit the Ladies’ Auxiliary Fund.
If you haven’t seen Cletus Got Shot in a while, you could check them out at Smoke and Barrel tomorrow night.
Sunday, get some brunch tunes at Greenhouse Grille with Miles Ralston.
Sunday Night, get yourself some bluegrass with Pope County Bootleggers at Common Grounds.
Later that night, you could check out Sarah Hughes at George’s Monster Mug Night. Or you could watch some Zombie movies at Smoke and Barrel.
There’s a whole bunch more below. What are you guys doing this weekend?
- Friday, October 23
- Qdoba Mexican Grill: Patrick Moss, Justin Leflar
- On The Rocks: Very Special Guests, Will Brand
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Ceramic Cow Halloween Show 7:30
- Fix Ultra Lounge: DJ Brian Howe (Beatport)
- Rogue Pizza Co.: Robe Flax
- Smiling Jack’s: Big Bad Gina
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: East of Zion
- George’s: Earl & Them, The Odds, Rebelution, Passafire, Outlaw Nation
- Nightbird Books: Robert Maranto Reading & Booksigning 6 pm
- Razor’s Reef Grill & Cantina: Jazz Blasters” w/ special guest “The Leaky Diamond
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Lollipop Factory, Perpetual Werewolf
- Walton Arts Center: Riverdance 8 pm
- Boom Boom Room: Charliehorse
- Greenhouse Grille: Drew Packard Jazz Trio
- Fayetteville Public Library: An Evening with Ed Begley Jr. (more info)
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: Ozone Players
- Drifters: Jason Strode and On The Run
- Bordino’s: Jazz Combo Society
- Saturday, October 24
- Bordino’s: DJ Remix
- Ella’s: Matt Smith
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Buddy Shute
- George’s: Mountain Sprout
- Nightbird Books: Stuart Hoahwah Reading & Booksigning 2 pm
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cletus Got Shot
- Teatro Scarpino: DANs Party Comedy Improv
- UARK Bowl & Ballroom: Ceramic Cow Halloween Show 7:30 pm
- Walton Arts Center: Riverdance 2 pm, 8 pm
- Deepwoods House: Finger Mountain Breakdown (more info)
- St. Paul’s Episcopal: Awakening the Dreamer: Changing the Dream 1-6 pm
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Nicole Esposito Flute Recital 8 pm
- Smiling Jack’s: Alex Liles
- Qdoba Mexican Grill: Teddy Sablon
- Cheers: Quinntalkin
- Boom Boom Room: Apartment 5, A Good Fight
- Grub’s: MTV’s Real World casting call 11 am – 7 pm
- Dickson Street: Fayetteville 350.org Parade & Rally 2pm Campbell (from Leverette) & motorcade escort to Square
- Sunday, October 25
- George’s: Sarah Hughes
- Pesto Cafe: Shannon Wurst
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Movie Night: Zombies!
- Walton Arts Center: Riverdance 2 pm, 7 pm
- Greenhouse Grille: Miles Ralston
- Common Grounds: Pope County Bootleggers
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: The Crumbs