Are you a fan of spoken word poets? How about supergroups? The Elephant Engine High Dive Revival Tour features both and it’s making a stop in Fayetteville tonight at RZ’s Coffeehouse in the Arkansas Student Union on the UA campus.
The package tour features four of the best spoken word poets of the past decade: two-time IWPS champs Buddy Wakefield and Anis Mojgani, Pushcart Prize Nominee and one-woman-band Shira Erlichman and IWPS champ Derrick Brown, who has opened for The White Stripes and Cold War Kids. There’s also a rotating fifth member, Mindy Nettifee, a published poet and National Poetry Slam team coach/member.
Phew. That’s a mouthful.
This show has filled 500-seat auditoriums and usually comes with a price tag of $10-15 but thanks to University Programs, tonight’s performance is free and open to the public.
There’s more, too:
- Barnhill Arena: Former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert 8 pm (more info)
- Nightbird Books: Wendy Taylor Carlisle 7 pm
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Ozark Natural Foods: Raw Food Potluck (more info)
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jenga Tournament
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Arkansas Union: Poetry Slam ft. Elephant Engine High Dive Revival Tour (more info)
- Walton Arts Center: Chanticleer 7 pm
Elephant Engine High Dive Revival Tour – (adult language)
Junkyard Ghost Segment from C.R. Saxton on Vimeo.