Black Friday, shmlack shrmiday. The sun is out, and it’s almost 60 degrees out there. That doesn’t feel very black at all.
Plus, after a couple days off work, it feels more like a Sunday, except for the fact that this Sunday-feeling day is even better because it isn’t followed by a Monday. It’s followed by a Saturday, and then a Sunday. There isn’t much black about that, is there?
If you’re in the Holiday spirit, you’ll probably want to check out The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s The Nutcracker at the Walton Arts Center. There are a few chances to see it this weekend.
Tomorrow, the Razorback Footballers will be taking on LSU at 6:00 pm in Baton Rouge. The game will be on ESPN. I hope we murder those guys (not literally).
Tomorrow night is Radurday at the Smoke and Barrel with Robe Flax, DJ LC, and DJ Bizar. Radurday? Hail yeah.
On Sunday, Shannon Wurst from 3 Penny Acre will be at the Greenhouse Grille for brunch. She’s dreamy.
Of course, some of you will be nursing a turkey-coma, which is also cool. What are you guys doing this weekend?
- Friday, November 27
- Bordino’s: Jazz Combo Society
- Jose’s: John D. LeVan, Robert Hatfield
- Rogue: Fat Dixie
- George’s: Whurm in the Garden, My Tea Kind, FOS Project
- Greenhouse Grille: Jeff Kearney
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Cletus Got Shot, Pretty Pink Boa, The Calamity Cubes
- Walton Arts Center: Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s The Nutcracker 8 pm
- Saturday, November 28
- Bordino’s: DJ Hod-I
- George’s: Sarah Hughes Band
- Walton Arts Center: Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s The Nutcracker 2 pm, 8 pm
- Arsaga’s on Crossover: Effron White, Brandon White
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Kory Montgomery
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Radurday w/ DJs LC, Bizar, Robe Flax
- Sunday, November 29
- Common Grounds: Truth About Movie Stars/Ren Lovely
- George’s: Hinder
- Greenhouse Grille: Shannon Wurst
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Pam Olson Voice Recital 3 pm
- Walton Arts Center: Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s The Nutcracker 2 pm
- 21st Amendment: Nate Hancock