Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground. With the gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways, pant hit the ground. Call yourself a cool cat, lookin’ like a fool. Walkin’ downtown with your pants on the ground. Giddyup!
Sorry, I can’t get that out of my head this morning. General Larry Platt is no William Hung, but I’m glad he “accidentally” made his way into the American Idol auditioning room.
Tonight’s pretty busy.
Over on campus, Scott Flanagin’s “Headliners” will see an official artist’s reception from 5 – 7pm in the Anne Kittrell Art Gallery.
There’d DJ Joelle’s SOUL GLO at Speakeasy. Tonight’s a progressive night, says Joelle. Elsewhere on the DJ front is a cover-free, 4-hour set from Robe Flax at Smoke & Barrel starting at 9pm.
- Thursday, January 14
- 21st Amendment: Nate Hancock
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Robe Flax
- George’s: Matt Stell & The Crashers, Tiffany Christopher
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Scott Young
- Teatro Scarpino: Big Bad Gina
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: Brick & Fields, Miles Ralston
- Sound Warehouse: Geoff Oelsner 6:30pm
- UA Student Union: “Headliners” photos by Scott Flanagin 5pm, Anne Kittrell Art Gallery
- Grub’s: Boom Kinetic