Like last night, there’s plenty to choose from this evening with one exception: more non-civic entertainment. That’s not to say there won’t be plenty to do for those who are into knowing what’s up with local issues, though.
The drop-in meeting at City Hall from 4-7 p.m. should be interesting in that three different options for the Block Avenue renovation project will be presented and each include new sidewalks, trees, and decorative lighting. What officials aren’t sure of, though, is whether or not we’re getting back-in parking.
If you missed last night’s FHS design ideas meeting, there’s another tonight at 6 p.m. and this one’s at Fayetteville High School.
The Walton Arts Center starts a two-night run of Thank You Gregory: A Tribute to the Legends of Tap this evening at 7 p.m. The production pays tribute to Gregory and to numerous legends of tap dance with what WAC calls “a fresh and dynamic glance at the past as well as a contemporary look at the many generations of gifted tap artists whose ‘soles’ they have guided and touched to the present.”
The full list:
- Wednesday, January 20
- Greenhouse Grille: Effron & The Sticker Freaks
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Jeff Kearney
- George’s: Perpetual Groove
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Mo Brothers
- Teatro Scarpino: Walley Big Country Revue
- Walton Arts Center: Thank You Gregory: A Tribute to the Legends of Tap
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: DJ Vaxination
- Fayetteville High School: FHS design meeting
- Fayetteville City Hall: Block Avenue design meeting