After a slow night in town, things are back to normal tonight. It’s a good thing, too, because according to @Garrett_Lewis, the National Weather Service is calling for power outages from 1-5 days as a result of the expected winter storm.
Talk about deja vu. It was on this exact day last year that we first wrote about Ice Storm ’09. Yikes.
Better get some entertainment in while you can.
Yonder Mountain String Band brings their twangy “jamgrass” to George’s tonight. It’s been about a year since they were here last so the crowd should be pretty thick.
If you missed yesterday’s post about Gravity Radio at Walton Arts Center and are interested in a guy that Dustin labeled “the Wayne Coyne of Opera,” consider heading to one of the two shows scheduled for this evening.
There’s a few other interesting things happening around town. You can catch a screening of FRESH the movie at Giffels Auditorium or you could try and win a chess tourney at Smoke & Barrel. Or you could finally check out Tuesday night jazz at Scarpino’s like you’ve been meaning to do for a few months.
Here’s a full list:
- Tuesday, January 26
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: GroGreen presents: Fresh the Movie
- George’s: Yonder Mountain String Band
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Chess Tournament
- Teatro Scarpino: Live jazz
- Walton Arts Center: Gravity Radio by Mikel Rouse
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: Open mic night w/ Joe Credit III
- Rogue: T’s Open Mic Night
- UA Student Union: Antje Duvekot
- Nightbird Books: Ozark Poets and Writer’s Collective