We’re always pleasantly surprised at how many new events pop shortly before our daily to-do posts. We used to publish these posts as soon as we woke up, but lately we’ve been waiting a few hours to make sure we’ve got as much listed as possible.
Take today, for instance. Nearly half of the to-do items for this evening weren’t even on our main calendar yesterday.
The big news of the night is that it’s time for another First Thursday Fayetteville event on the Square. Last month, the weather was ice cold but that didn’t stop many folks from showing up. We doubt tonight’s wet weather will have much effect, either. We’ll have more on First Thursday later this morning.
The Garden Room on Dickson is hosting a Revelry Jewels show from 6-9 p.m. Revelry will be donating 20% of all its proceeds to Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter. Drinks, appetizers and of course, jewels.
Stillwater’s Flatland Travelers will play twice this evening. At 6:30 p.m. they’ll be at Sound Warehouse and then a few hours later, they’ll play again just up the street at Opal Fly’s Feelgood Lounge.
The North Mississippi Allstars are back in town tonight at George’s Majestic Lounge. Thankfully, The Black Crowes don’t require Luther Dickinson‘s presence at all times. City Champs and Kory Montgomery are also on the bill. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010
- Fayetteville Underground: First Thursday February
- George’s: North Mississippi Allstars, City Champs, Kory Montgomery
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Russ Hutchison
- Walton Arts Center: The Drowsy Chaperone
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: Flatland Travelers
- The Garden Room: Revelry Jewlery Show
- Brewski’s: DJs Robe Flax & Bizar
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Trembling Earth
- Sound Warehouse: The Flatland Travelers (in-store)