For anyone not planning on sitting around getting fat on pizza and burgers all night, we’ve worked up a list of to-do items about a mile long (give or take a few pixels).
TheatreSquared is previewing a few excerpts from the upcoming production of Underneath the Lintel at the Fayetteville Public Library at 6:30 p.m. in the Walker Community Room.
If you’re looking for some traditional Mardi Gras action, we’d suggest heading out to Dickson Street for the Fat Tuesday parade. It all starts at 8 p.m. at Jose’s with the crowning of the “Royalty of the Demented Krewe.” Eventually, a parade will break out with the Billy Zydeco Band and end up at Zooloos at around 10 p.m. I once saw a boob at one of these things…right before it got hauled off to jail.
If traditional isn’t your thang (and if there are any tickets left), RJD2 is at George’s tonight along with a handful of other musicians. If this is on your radar, better go ahead and call in sick for tomorrow.
If you’re an Andy Frasco fan, you’ve got two chances to see him tonight. He’s playing with Tim Grace early at Rogue and then he’ll be over at Smoke & Barrel at 10:30 p.m.
There’s plenty more listed below. Ready, set, choose:
- Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- Nightbird Books: Professional Women’s Network Washington County
- Lightbulb Club: Stitch & Bitch
- Dickson Street: Mardi Gras parade
- George’s: RJD2 / Kenan Bell & Happy Chichester / Hardaway & The Commoners / Robe Flax
- JJ’s Grill n Chill: Jeff Fox
- Opal Fly’s Feel Good Lounge: Open Mic w/ Joe Credit III
- Smoke & Barrel Tavern: Andy Frasco
- UA Old Main / Giffels Auditorium: “They Take Our Jobs!”: Myths on Immigration with Aviva Chomsky
- Fayetteville Public Library: TheatreSquared preview of Underneath the Lintel
- Hembree House: Texas Songwriters in the Round
- Rogue: Tim Grace / Andy Frasco Trio
- Jose’s: Sarah Hughes Band
- Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall: Denis Winter, Euphonium & Christian Carichner, Tuba
- Teatro Scarpino: Mardi Gras Jazz: The Dixie Ramblers